Search found 111 matches

by Janet
17 Aug 2011 08:33 pm
Forum: Polls
Topic: Do you take any notice of RRP's ?
Replies: 3
Views: 10226

This one depends on what I am buying.

If it is something that will definitely be a one off then, as you say, I really don't like having to register.

For something like yarn, for which I would hope to revisit the site, registering does have the advantage of speeding things and making me feel that ...
by Janet
17 Aug 2011 08:24 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: My name is Bushel and I'm a Knitter
Replies: 2
Views: 7850

Hi

Lucky you to have a hubby who wears your knitting.

Mine does but I have to select the item carefully or, polite as he is about it, it stays in the cupboard. :(
by Janet
01 Apr 2011 09:12 pm
Forum: Available Soon
Topic: Sirdar Firefly - NOW ONLINE BY THE BALL
Replies: 4
Views: 9070

Hi

Like Janine I have not used Firefly but I know some of the past patterns and they mostly were for shrugs and wraps that only used about 3 balls so by the ball seems most sensible.
Also it was quite expensive (one reason I haven't used it) so again a pack might not be popular.
by Janet
24 Jan 2011 07:36 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: hello
Replies: 4
Views: 10654

Hi Shirls

The cardi sounds good. Sorry to have been quiet for so long. Been difficult here with very poorly dog that finally died last weekend.
Very down as you can imagine.

I knit most everything but especially finer yarns. At the moment I am knitting myself a cardi in Stylecraft Life Dk Prints ...
by Janet
15 Dec 2010 05:18 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: hello
Replies: 4
Views: 10654

Hi Shirls1966

Have you decided what to make yet?

Some of the new baby yarns are just yummy.

Janet
by Janet
15 Dec 2010 05:16 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: hi! just resumed knitting and learning to crochet too!
Replies: 1
Views: 6745

Hi Nuttyknitter42

Sorry to see you have had no replies yet to your first post. I guess we are all busy knitting for Christmas!

It sounds like you are quickly getting back into knitting. Good for you.
Have you tried the eyelash/fur type yarn for a scarf it gives a really good effect and you can use ...
by Janet
18 Oct 2010 05:17 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hello
Replies: 2
Views: 7888

Hi Paula

I agree with Janine. I think most of us have more yarn than we can ever use in our life times!

I have run out of space for mine. With my local Knit and Natter Group I knit for Christian Hope International who send knitted blankets and clothing items abroad. We always need more yarn so I ...
by Janet
06 Sep 2010 07:00 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: Shaped jumpers
Replies: 1
Views: 6985

Hi Sewjan66

Can you provide a bit more information about the jumper pattern? How much too short is it and where on your body would the original have finished?
Does the shaping only happen at the sides of the front and back pieces? Does the shaping start right from the bottom of the original jumper ...
by Janet
09 Aug 2010 04:31 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: Has everyone deserted DKY forum?
Replies: 14
Views: 23774

Hi all

Yes dreaming about wool is certainly something I do and projects for the future as well. More probably than I will every do.

My stash is already bigger than I will every use in this life!! :oops:

Janet
by Janet
09 Aug 2010 04:26 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: Never too old to learn! casting on
Replies: 5
Views: 11163

Hi Exiled

I too spent many years doing cast on like my mum also cable method. All my casting on was a bit too tight and I was never happy with it.

Many years ago now I like you taught myself the thumb method and now use it all the time, I like that extra stretch I get with it.

Janet
by Janet
25 Jun 2010 12:00 am
Forum: Looking For
Topic: aran pattern
Replies: 9
Views: 15041

Carole

Sorry I took so long to get back to you.

I found the RibbonMoon web site easy to use. They delivered my order quickly and correctly. The items were as described.
They have a £5 minimum order so if you only want 1 small zip you cannot order from them. However I found that they had enough ...
by Janet
31 May 2010 12:34 pm
Forum: Looking For
Topic: aran pattern
Replies: 9
Views: 15041

Carole

Thanks for the suggestion of Ribbon Moon for zips. I was looking for a particular length of open ended zip myself and they have just what I need. :D

Sorry I didn't realise the S8458 pattern was on your pre order page or I would have mentioned it in my post. You may want to look at the fact ...
by Janet
28 May 2010 07:15 pm
Forum: Looking For
Topic: aran pattern
Replies: 9
Views: 15041

Hi

I don't know if a chunky pattrn would do? Try googling Sirdar pattern S8458. It is a Chunky Denim pattern for a zipped body warmer for girls to adults. You may be able to adapt it.

Janet
by Janet
12 May 2010 07:02 pm
Forum: Look what I've Done!!
Topic: Pictures of the Doggie Sweater I made
Replies: 7
Views: 13914

Lovely

They are very similar to the leg warmer I cut leg holes in to stop my dog scratching out stitches with her back leg but so much nicer.

Janet
by Janet
12 May 2010 06:58 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hi
Replies: 2
Views: 8111

Hi

That is certainly different. Good for you. What sort of yarn do you use?
Do shaved little dogs find wool itchy?

I once had to put my beagle in a leg warmer with leg holes cut in it to stop her scratching out stitches with her back leg.

Janet