aran pattern
Moderator: admin
aran pattern
I am looking for an aran pattern for a body warmer for a 3year old.
ann
ann
I know this is not a classic body warmer, especially as it only has one button, but it might be worth a look

On the Pre-Order Patterns Page

On the Pre-Order Patterns Page
Admin
www.knitone.co.uk
www.knitone.co.uk
It might be a bit difficult to find an Aran zipped one for two reasons. Firstly there are less Aran patterns than DK and secondly there are very few zipped garments of any type. Designers do shy away from zips as they are more difficult to design different sizes for and less likely to look good when finished. No doubt someone out there will prove me wrong
Sorry, no we don't do zips. There is such a vast variety of types, lengths, colours etc. that we just don't have the room to store them or the staff to pick them. We would rather keep to our core business of knitting yarns. BTW - the same reasons hold for Buttons too.
There are quite a few online haberdasheries that have a good range.
We have a couple of customers that use Ribbon Moon but we have not used them ourselves.
Sorry, no we don't do zips. There is such a vast variety of types, lengths, colours etc. that we just don't have the room to store them or the staff to pick them. We would rather keep to our core business of knitting yarns. BTW - the same reasons hold for Buttons too.
There are quite a few online haberdasheries that have a good range.
We have a couple of customers that use Ribbon Moon but we have not used them ourselves.
Admin
www.knitone.co.uk
www.knitone.co.uk
Available on pre-order page

There are a few patterns for other plys - we haven't found anything else in Aran yet.

There are a few patterns for other plys - we haven't found anything else in Aran yet.
Admin
www.knitone.co.uk
www.knitone.co.uk
Carole
Thanks for the suggestion of Ribbon Moon for zips. I was looking for a particular length of open ended zip myself and they have just what I need.
Sorry I didn't realise the S8458 pattern was on your pre order page or I would have mentioned it in my post. You may want to look at the fact that googling on it does not bring your site up.
Janet
Thanks for the suggestion of Ribbon Moon for zips. I was looking for a particular length of open ended zip myself and they have just what I need.
Sorry I didn't realise the S8458 pattern was on your pre order page or I would have mentioned it in my post. You may want to look at the fact that googling on it does not bring your site up.
Janet
What did you think of the RibbonMoon website and how well they dealt with your order? Did you get it quickly and easily? Please post an update so that other customers know if they can use RibbonMoon with no problems.
It's not surprising that google does not bring up our page if you google S8458 as it does not have an s on the front of the number plus google usually only looks at the keywords. We can't put keywords for every pattern on the pre-order pattern page as there are hundreds and google only allows so many.
If you google sirdar pattern leaflets then we are near the top of the first page and if you put quotes around it "sirdar pattern leaflets" to force google to look only for that exact phrase, we are usually top (depending upon your setting)
It's not surprising that google does not bring up our page if you google S8458 as it does not have an s on the front of the number plus google usually only looks at the keywords. We can't put keywords for every pattern on the pre-order pattern page as there are hundreds and google only allows so many.
If you google sirdar pattern leaflets then we are near the top of the first page and if you put quotes around it "sirdar pattern leaflets" to force google to look only for that exact phrase, we are usually top (depending upon your setting)
Admin
www.knitone.co.uk
www.knitone.co.uk
Carole
Sorry I took so long to get back to you.
I found the RibbonMoon web site easy to use. They delivered my order quickly and correctly. The items were as described.
They have a £5 minimum order so if you only want 1 small zip you cannot order from them. However I found that they had enough things on the site that wasn't a problem. In particular, as well as lots of zips, they have a large range of little ribbon roses and more buttons than you would think possible.
Janet
Sorry I took so long to get back to you.
I found the RibbonMoon web site easy to use. They delivered my order quickly and correctly. The items were as described.
They have a £5 minimum order so if you only want 1 small zip you cannot order from them. However I found that they had enough things on the site that wasn't a problem. In particular, as well as lots of zips, they have a large range of little ribbon roses and more buttons than you would think possible.
Janet

