Search found 12 matches

by shadesofwhite
27 Oct 2009 07:10 am
Forum: Looking For
Topic: RE BOB THE BUILDER
Replies: 2
Views: 7218

yayyyyy I will keep a look out for that!!!
by shadesofwhite
24 Oct 2009 03:14 pm
Forum: Looking For
Topic: Bob the builder
Replies: 5
Views: 11304

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sis.html?_kw=Ala ... %26+Monkey

It's also listed here but its rare and £15!!!!
by shadesofwhite
24 Oct 2009 03:11 pm
Forum: Looking For
Topic: Bob the builder
Replies: 5
Views: 11304

http://www.laughinghens.com/knitting-fo ... sp?Id=9619

Found this I don't know whether this helps or not but it's worth a try, I will keep looking for you though. :)
by shadesofwhite
04 Jul 2009 10:06 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: when things go wrong
Replies: 2
Views: 8576

when things go wrong

How do you learn to undo mistakes? I can undo knit and pearl but thats it and now my mum has passed away I can't run for help. Are there any books about undoing mistakes or do I have to start all over again?
by shadesofwhite
09 May 2009 08:31 pm
Forum: Polls
Topic: Knitting Needles etc.
Replies: 6
Views: 13487

I bought a pair of needles (sorry can't remember the make) once and the coating came off. I was knitting a white baby cardigan and it took me a while to understand why it was going grey. So as long as this don't happen I'd buy any make.
by shadesofwhite
15 Apr 2009 02:32 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: sirdar duet
Replies: 10
Views: 24760

Done my tension square width was fine but it came up a little short to waht it should. The duet yarn is like tape and it is part matt and then goes to shiny. The matt is thicker than the shiny.

The square that I done worked out that it was more shiny the matt so I am betting that over a decent ...
by shadesofwhite
13 Apr 2009 10:23 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: sirdar duet
Replies: 10
Views: 24760

Thanks everyone :D

I just looked on that link and it says that the weight is DK so surely I can follow a DK pattern? I will try the tension square and see what happens kids are on hols from school at the monute so haven't had time yet. I will let you all know what happens. Wish me luck :wink:
by shadesofwhite
12 Apr 2009 09:10 am
Forum: Knitting
Topic: sirdar duet
Replies: 10
Views: 24760

If I knit a tension square, do I have to knit it in the pattern I fancy or do you do it in knit and pearl? This is probably the stupidest question ever :lol:
by shadesofwhite
10 Apr 2009 08:35 pm
Forum: Polls
Topic: Pattern Leaflet Postage
Replies: 9
Views: 15466

I voted card backed with no choice. I have paid a pound postage before and that wasn't backed. What a diddle :roll:
by shadesofwhite
07 Apr 2009 06:45 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: sirdar duet
Replies: 10
Views: 24760

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not an overly experienced knitter and had never thought of doing a tension square but I will give it ago. I will be back for advice when I haven't a clue what I'm doing! :lol:
by shadesofwhite
07 Apr 2009 08:36 am
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Another noob!
Replies: 5
Views: 11933

Another noob!

My names is Tracey just joined today.

I have an hubby been married 15 years this year :shock: a twelve year old son and a four year old daughter.

Had a most challenging couple of years, short story is..... I been through open heart surgery had an hernia fixed more recently lost my mum had my dad ...
by shadesofwhite
07 Apr 2009 08:30 am
Forum: Knitting
Topic: sirdar duet
Replies: 10
Views: 24760

sirdar duet

I have been given some sirdar duet fashion wool and am wondering if I would be able to use a dk knitting pattern? I have searched for patterns for this wool but have only found a few ladies patterns and I am wanting to knit it for my daughter (she's a small 4 year old)