Bobbles

If you have any questions about knitting please add them here for others to answer.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Bobbles

Post by jane »

Hi

I'm currently knitting a matinee jacket which has bobbles. It is knitted in 4ply and the bobbles are made by kpkp into 1 stitch on the k row and then slip 3 k1 on the p row. My problem is that the bobbles are all protruding on the inside instead of the outside. Can anyone make any suggestions please? I've never had a problem with bobbles before.
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Hi Jane

You should be able to just push them through to the side you want them on. Give it a try. :)

Janet
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

Hi Janet

Thanks, I can push them through but thought I must be doing something wrong for them to be on the wrong side.
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Hi

No I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I find bobbles need a bit of help like this sometimes.

Janet
User avatar
bee
....
....
Posts: 57
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Post by bee »

That's the trouble I am finding with the baby blanket I am doing at the moment.

Bee :D
grant42
.....
.....
Posts: 129
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK

Post by grant42 »

I have never tried bobbles,are they easy?
Cheryl

Ravelry ID: grant42
User avatar
bee
....
....
Posts: 57
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Post by bee »

Very easy. k1, P1, K1, P1, K1 in the one stitch.

Bee :D
grant42
.....
.....
Posts: 129
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK

Post by grant42 »

I will have a practice one day. :)
Cheryl

Ravelry ID: grant42
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

They are easy but I have found that the finer the wool the more likely they are to appear on the wrong side :(
Post Reply