If you have any questions about knitting please add them here for others to answer.
Moderator: admin
jane
....
Posts: 86 Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby
Post
by jane » 30 Oct 2007 06:32 pm
Hi
I'm currently knitting a matinee jacket which has bobbles. It is knitted in 4ply and the bobbles are made by kpkp into 1 stitch on the k row and then slip 3 k1 on the p row. My problem is that the bobbles are all protruding on the inside instead of the outside. Can anyone make any suggestions please? I've never had a problem with bobbles before.
Janet
.....
Posts: 113 Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex
Post
by Janet » 31 Oct 2007 10:13 am
Hi Jane
You should be able to just push them through to the side you want them on. Give it a try.
Janet
jane
....
Posts: 86 Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby
Post
by jane » 01 Nov 2007 05:23 pm
Hi Janet
Thanks, I can push them through but thought I must be doing something wrong for them to be on the wrong side.
Janet
.....
Posts: 113 Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex
Post
by Janet » 04 Nov 2007 07:23 pm
Hi
No I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I find bobbles need a bit of help like this sometimes.
Janet
bee
....
Posts: 57 Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:
Post
by bee » 27 Nov 2007 04:02 pm
That's the trouble I am finding with the baby blanket I am doing at the moment.
Bee
grant42
.....
Posts: 129 Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK
Post
by grant42 » 27 Nov 2007 04:07 pm
I have never tried bobbles,are they easy?
Cheryl
Ravelry ID: grant42
bee
....
Posts: 57 Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:
Post
by bee » 27 Nov 2007 06:47 pm
Very easy. k1, P1, K1, P1, K1 in the one stitch.
Bee
grant42
.....
Posts: 129 Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK
Post
by grant42 » 27 Nov 2007 09:37 pm
I will have a practice one day.
Cheryl
Ravelry ID: grant42
jane
....
Posts: 86 Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby
Post
by jane » 27 Nov 2007 10:40 pm
They are easy but I have found that the finer the wool the more likely they are to appear on the wrong side