Sparkly Wool!!!

If you have any questions about knitting please add them here for others to answer.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
Anne Coletta
.
.
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Jul 2008 02:25 pm

Sparkly Wool!!!

Post by Anne Coletta »

Can anyone help with information re: wool (preferably 3ply) with a sparkle!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Anne Coletta
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

hi
can't help with the wool. but welcome to the forum, Carole will probably be able to help you, when she comes back from her holiday.
Ann
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

I've never seen 3 ply but have done a 4 ply. There is a James Brett one on this site, but I think mine was something else. I got it on e-bay.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1660
Joined: 10 Oct 2007 09:31 pm
Contact:

Post by admin »

Hi - still on holiday but checking in from time to time.

I am afraid Anne had already asked us at DKY and I think she wants black. None of our manufacturers do anything other than baby colours in 3ply - I sent her here in the hope one of you will know a supplier of non-pastel 3ply.
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

Never seen any in 3 ply for years. Good luck with your search.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0042661641

This is angora but you could check it out.
ImageImage
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Hi Anne

I think you need Twilley's Goldfingering. It is a 3ply lurex yarn which comes in quite a few colours including black.
You can get it on www.angelyarns.com and probably other places too.

Janet
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

It's cheaper at www.kandjcrafts.co.uk
Post Reply