I have lost a knitting needle

If you just want to chat or sound off about anything (it does not have to be craft related) you can do that here.
If a subject comes up frequently we will add it as a new forum.

Moderators: admin, lulu, Dianne

Post Reply
exiled
....
....
Posts: 71
Joined: 07 Jun 2008 08:41 am
Location: sweden

I have lost a knitting needle

Post by exiled »

I have just done a rough count of my knitting needles 42 pairs old English size, 31 pairs metric, can not be bothered to count Addi turbos, sets of 4 or 5 DPN,s. Two sets of Susan Bates Silvalume DPN,s. BUT, I have lost 1 long size 11 that I need now! I have 190 stitches round a little girl,s shrug, or bolero and I hate using a circular needle, it does not suit my style of knitting and the other size 11,s or 3mm are too short.And this has to be finished by tonight.
Ah well, back to the pesky circular.
And yes, I have been down the back of the sofa and in my unfinished project bags! :roll: :roll:
knitting not smoking
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

Hi exiled ( sorry don't know your name )
that brings back a memory, I havn't got many needles as I seem to bend them when knitting, got most of mine from charity shops, hand me downs, and car boot sales. but my O/H borrowed one of the long ones to clear a blockage in the sink, I never let him forget that. Do some needles have thinner points than others.


ann
exiled
....
....
Posts: 71
Joined: 07 Jun 2008 08:41 am
Location: sweden

That lost needle

Post by exiled »

Yes Ann, some needles are definitely sharper than others. There does not seem to be any standard pointiness, if there is such a word. The only rule is that if you are knitting with a woven rope-like yarn as I was recently and it splits with every stitch, you can guarantee that you will only be able to find sharp needles when you need blunter ones. :? Or if you are purling through the back of four stitches, it,s sod, s law that all needles you need in that size are as blunt as can be. And the LYS is shut and you need to start this project like a junkie needs their fix!!
I finished the first shrug, have just sewn it up after slogging away with 2x2 rib on190 stitches. Now I am starting the second sewing and ribbing, then it will be some little flowers for the fronts and they will be ready to go to England tomorrow.
Husband is doing the dishes so I shall be out of reach for the next two hours
Using your needle like that is definitely grounds for divorce.
My name is Betty. Have a good evening
knitting not smoking
Post Reply