Page 1 of 1

Hello from a new Member

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 02:50 pm
by hollyjosie
Hi everyone, I have been crafting for over 50 years, have dabbled in all sorets but always return to knitting, hand and machine. I have been trying to build up a stock of hand knitted hats,gloves etc., so that I can attend Craft Fairs but I need a new challenge and fancy having a go at felting hats. Can anyone tell me which yarns are best (I know they cannot be machine washable) and also where do I start as a beginner to learn. Any books of interest that I should buy? Any hat felters out there?
Love to hear from you

Eileen, Southampton. UK

Posted: 02 May 2009 07:12 pm
by Beanie
Hi elaine

I felt using my own handspun. And the general rule of thumb is to knit about 1/3 wider and a quarter taller. then wash.

Having a giveaway on my blog if you want to have a peek

Love Zoe