Hello from a new Member

Here you can let everyone know a bit about yourself and your interests.

Moderators: admin, lulu

Post Reply
hollyjosie
.
.
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 Apr 2009 02:45 pm

Hello from a new Member

Post by hollyjosie »

Hi everyone, I have been crafting for over 50 years, have dabbled in all sorets but always return to knitting, hand and machine. I have been trying to build up a stock of hand knitted hats,gloves etc., so that I can attend Craft Fairs but I need a new challenge and fancy having a go at felting hats. Can anyone tell me which yarns are best (I know they cannot be machine washable) and also where do I start as a beginner to learn. Any books of interest that I should buy? Any hat felters out there?
Love to hear from you

Eileen, Southampton. UK
Beanie
....
....
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 07:46 pm

Post by Beanie »

Hi elaine

I felt using my own handspun. And the general rule of thumb is to knit about 1/3 wider and a quarter taller. then wash.

Having a giveaway on my blog if you want to have a peek

Love Zoe
Post Reply