Page 1 of 1

Hello everyone from Jane

Posted: 23 Jul 2008 12:38 pm
by bumper_55
Hello, I have just joined the forum.
My name is Jane. I'm 40-ish and have 3 children aged 5 3 and 1. I have been a fanatical knitter for most of my life. My Grandma taught me to knit regularly until I finally grasped it. I designed and knitted a couple of things for GCSE at school and was completely hooked. In my teens and twenties I couldn't get enough of knitting. I would knit in my lunch hour at work, on long journeys in the car, anywhere, in fact.

The children and the house keep me busy so I don't knit as much as I used to, but that doesn't stop me buying yarn for my stash. I'm sure I'll use it all one day!!!

I like all types of yarn, especially textured and varigated yarn but I'm afraid anything which involves colour changes is beyond me.

My latest yarn arrived this week and I'm hoping to start yet another project later today.

Looking forward to 'chatting' with you.
Jane

Posted: 23 Jul 2008 12:59 pm
by janine
Sounds like you'll fit in here perfectly! :D

Posted: 23 Jul 2008 07:25 pm
by ann
hi
welcome to the forum.
ann

Posted: 23 Jul 2008 08:43 pm
by Northernknitter
Hello and welcome :)

Posted: 23 Jul 2008 11:37 pm
by jane
Hi Jane

it sounds like you will fit in well around here. I look forward to 'chatting' to you too - we may have more in common than just the name :D

Jane

Posted: 24 Jul 2008 08:31 am
by grant42
Hi Jane,Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Posted: 24 Jul 2008 10:12 pm
by Flystitch
Welcome to this friendly group, hope you enjoy being here.

Posted: 26 Jul 2008 03:12 pm
by Janet
Welcome to the forum.

Another yarnaholic will fit in just right! :roll:

Janet

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 08:38 am
by Purplegem
Hello Jane,
Sounds like you have your hands full, even busier at this time of year with children and christmas looming fast!

I also have more yarn than I have energy to use up in the near future - and I've eased up on the temptation to check out more yarn - because I know I shall just want it!!

I love the self patterning sock yarns, this year I've knitted 4 pairs of socks, admittedly the first pair took I think over a year to make!! :oops:

Posted: 15 Dec 2008 03:45 pm
by Flystitch
Purplegem, what pattern did you use for the socks?

Posted: 16 Dec 2008 11:35 am
by Purplegem
I used Opal Yarn, I ordered it on line and it came with a free Opal basic sock pattern.
I thought the pattern was a nightmare at first, but once you've sussed it, it is straight forward.