Hello everyone from Jane

Here you can let everyone know a bit about yourself and your interests.

Moderators: admin, lulu

Post Reply
bumper_55
..
..
Posts: 10
Joined: 23 Jul 2008 11:24 am

Hello everyone from Jane

Post by bumper_55 »

Hello, I have just joined the forum.
My name is Jane. I'm 40-ish and have 3 children aged 5 3 and 1. I have been a fanatical knitter for most of my life. My Grandma taught me to knit regularly until I finally grasped it. I designed and knitted a couple of things for GCSE at school and was completely hooked. In my teens and twenties I couldn't get enough of knitting. I would knit in my lunch hour at work, on long journeys in the car, anywhere, in fact.

The children and the house keep me busy so I don't knit as much as I used to, but that doesn't stop me buying yarn for my stash. I'm sure I'll use it all one day!!!

I like all types of yarn, especially textured and varigated yarn but I'm afraid anything which involves colour changes is beyond me.

My latest yarn arrived this week and I'm hoping to start yet another project later today.

Looking forward to 'chatting' with you.
Jane
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

Sounds like you'll fit in here perfectly! :D
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

hi
welcome to the forum.
ann
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

Hello and welcome :)
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

Hi Jane

it sounds like you will fit in well around here. I look forward to 'chatting' to you too - we may have more in common than just the name :D

Jane
grant42
.....
.....
Posts: 129
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK

Post by grant42 »

Hi Jane,Welcome to the forum. :wave:
Cheryl

Ravelry ID: grant42
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

Welcome to this friendly group, hope you enjoy being here.
ImageImage
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Welcome to the forum.

Another yarnaholic will fit in just right! :roll:

Janet
User avatar
Purplegem
.
.
Posts: 9
Joined: 17 Nov 2007 07:17 am
Location: Sussex
Contact:

Post by Purplegem »

Hello Jane,
Sounds like you have your hands full, even busier at this time of year with children and christmas looming fast!

I also have more yarn than I have energy to use up in the near future - and I've eased up on the temptation to check out more yarn - because I know I shall just want it!!

I love the self patterning sock yarns, this year I've knitted 4 pairs of socks, admittedly the first pair took I think over a year to make!! :oops:
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

Purplegem, what pattern did you use for the socks?
ImageImage
User avatar
Purplegem
.
.
Posts: 9
Joined: 17 Nov 2007 07:17 am
Location: Sussex
Contact:

Post by Purplegem »

I used Opal Yarn, I ordered it on line and it came with a free Opal basic sock pattern.
I thought the pattern was a nightmare at first, but once you've sussed it, it is straight forward.
Post Reply