Page 1 of 1
Finished Objects
Posted: 19 Jul 2008 04:52 pm
by Northernknitter
I'm having a "finishing things off day" today and here are 2 more things I've finished.
The first is a filler square for a CAL I'm doing on Ravelry.
The second ones are of a bag I've crocheted made of cut up plastic carrier bags.

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 10:24 pm
by janine
The bags look interesting. How do you cut the plastic bags? Could you knit them too?
Posted: 20 Jul 2008 09:37 am
by Flystitch
Was it hard to work with the plastic bags?
The filler square looks good, did it take long?
Posted: 20 Jul 2008 10:15 am
by Liz
I love those sort of days!!! I had one on Thursday and it's amazing what you can accomplish! I think I'll do the same again today!
Posted: 23 Jul 2008 08:42 pm
by Northernknitter
Thanks, it was a very satisfying day !
The filler square looks good, did it take long?
It probably took me 3 or 4 evenings, doing about an hour or so an evening.
Was it hard to work with the plastic bags?
I didn't find it too difficult although some bags were easier to work with than others. The cheaper/thinner bags were much easier to use than the thicker types.
The bags look interesting. How do you cut the plastic bags? Could you knit them too?
To cut the bags you cut off the handles and start at the top and work round making a continous strip of plastic. There are quite a lot of places on the web that show you how to do it much better than I can explain! The finished fabric is called "plarn".
Yes you can knit it too as it is just like working with yarn.
Posted: 23 Jul 2008 11:39 pm
by jane
They're very nice - and environmentally friendly too
Posted: 24 Jul 2008 08:32 am
by grant42
They are lovely.
Posted: 26 Aug 2013 12:19 pm
by timpane
I had one on Thursday and it's amazing what you can accomplish! I think I'll do the same again today!
_________________
healthcare
fashion trends
climate