Finished Objects

In this section you can show off what you have made and post links to any online galleries you have.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Finished Objects

Post by Northernknitter »

I'm having a "finishing things off day" today and here are 2 more things I've finished.

The first is a filler square for a CAL I'm doing on Ravelry.

The second ones are of a bag I've crocheted made of cut up plastic carrier bags.




Image
Image
Image
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

The bags look interesting. How do you cut the plastic bags? Could you knit them too?
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

Was it hard to work with the plastic bags?

The filler square looks good, did it take long?
ImageImage
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

I love those sort of days!!! I had one on Thursday and it's amazing what you can accomplish! I think I'll do the same again today!
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

Thanks, it was a very satisfying day ! :)
The filler square looks good, did it take long?
It probably took me 3 or 4 evenings, doing about an hour or so an evening.
Was it hard to work with the plastic bags?
I didn't find it too difficult although some bags were easier to work with than others. The cheaper/thinner bags were much easier to use than the thicker types.


The bags look interesting. How do you cut the plastic bags? Could you knit them too?
To cut the bags you cut off the handles and start at the top and work round making a continous strip of plastic. There are quite a lot of places on the web that show you how to do it much better than I can explain! The finished fabric is called "plarn".
Yes you can knit it too as it is just like working with yarn.
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

They're very nice - and environmentally friendly too
grant42
.....
.....
Posts: 129
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK

Post by grant42 »

They are lovely.
Cheryl

Ravelry ID: grant42
timpane
.
.
Posts: 1
Joined: 26 Aug 2013 12:09 pm
Location: France

Post by timpane »

I had one on Thursday and it's amazing what you can accomplish! I think I'll do the same again today!


_________________
healthcare
fashion trends
climate
Post Reply