I eventually managed to get the stripes to match up!

In this section you can show off what you have made and post links to any online galleries you have.

Moderator: admin

Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

They are REALLY simple to knit. I didn't use the thread as I was just making a first pair and wouldn't be out wearing them regularly, more like bed socks.

But I would imagine it would just be knitting with the yarn and thread together.

I just used James Brett Rio, as I had some in my stash. The cable isn't really cable, just knitting into the 2nd stitch on left needle then the 1st, then taking them 2together. If you wanted you could just do rib.

I was surprised at how easy they were. I've never cast on with waste yarn before and was surprised how easy it was and seemless!!

Liz
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

Thanks for posting that link. I've always fancied doing socks but am scared of dpns!!! I think I'll give these a go !
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

I've just sewn them up...I must have been fat ankles cos I can't get the cast off edge over my heel/ankle, otherwise they are lovely! I've already gone up a size on the cast off needle....think i'll increase the stitches in the last row and then cast off, that'll give me a bigger size to get over my huge heel/ankles!! :oops: :lol:

The only question is, shall i stop messing with these and start a new pair OR get them right....I could knit a few rows of the pattern then do the above increase and cast off, sew it up and see it it goes over my heel/ankle...what do you reckon folks :?:
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

Lovely jumper Ann, I'm not surprised you've got orders for more
Post Reply