Favourites & Least Favourites ?
Moderators: admin, lulu, Dianne
- Northernknitter
- ....

- Posts: 93
- Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm
Favourites & Least Favourites ?
Hi
I was just thinking today of the types of knitting I enjoy and what I don't like quite as much, and wondered what are your loves and hates?!
I enjoy cables, knitting small baby/children's garments and toys.
I don't like lots of plain stocking stitch and lots of rib.
What about everyone else?
I was just thinking today of the types of knitting I enjoy and what I don't like quite as much, and wondered what are your loves and hates?!
I enjoy cables, knitting small baby/children's garments and toys.
I don't like lots of plain stocking stitch and lots of rib.
What about everyone else?
- Northernknitter
- ....

- Posts: 93
- Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm
-
karinmackk
- ..

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:14 am
- Location: highlands
I like different types of knitting depending on what mood I'm in - that's partly why I have so many projects on the go!
I'm doing a blanket for my son which has squares done in 9 different patterns - I do that when I feel like concentrating. Then I'm doing a baby blanket for a friend which is just plain knitting/purling, so I do it when I'm too tired to think.
I've got crochet and cross stitch on the go too - all just depends how I am feeling at the time!
The only thing I really can't stand is sewing up - everything stalls at that point and I start something new!
I'm doing a blanket for my son which has squares done in 9 different patterns - I do that when I feel like concentrating. Then I'm doing a baby blanket for a friend which is just plain knitting/purling, so I do it when I'm too tired to think.
I've got crochet and cross stitch on the go too - all just depends how I am feeling at the time!
The only thing I really can't stand is sewing up - everything stalls at that point and I start something new!
knitting ribs
Hi cyberfriends
I am bored as I cant sleep so I thought let me browse DKY a bit. Then I came across the "like and dislike's. I find that if I do a jeyrsey or cardigan to do all my ribbings first and keep them on stitch holders. Once that is done it makes the knitting so much easier for me as you do not have to do the rib part again. I also like to experiment with patterns. I love to do the "overhang" sleeve as there is no decreasing at the sleeve side.
Heksie.
I am bored as I cant sleep so I thought let me browse DKY a bit. Then I came across the "like and dislike's. I find that if I do a jeyrsey or cardigan to do all my ribbings first and keep them on stitch holders. Once that is done it makes the knitting so much easier for me as you do not have to do the rib part again. I also like to experiment with patterns. I love to do the "overhang" sleeve as there is no decreasing at the sleeve side.
Heksie.
