A friend asked me to make a baby blanket and the design she has chosen requires 82 squares. It takes me about 45mins to knit one sqaure. I have made 6 from 10:30 - 3.15.
The knitted flowers I shall be giving to my friends for Christmas as a brooch.
This is knitting I have done since getting back from Jamaica two weeks ago. I have also done two hat and scarves sets and currently doing another baby blanket and a lacy scarf.
The slippers look great Bee.
Where did you get the pattern from and did you have to stitch a sole on?
I wear those sort of slippers all the time but i have never thought of knitting them. What a good idea.
best wishes
Irene
I used two strands of aran wool to knit the slipper. In total you have to knit 4 soles and saw two together for each foot and that was thick but I think I would add something else in between. Not sure what. Maybe an insole.
That's really lovely Bee. I wouldn't mind knitting the squares but it's the sewing up that would take me forever. That's the part of knitting I don't relish
I should take a photo of the baby afghan that I recently finished.