"hello"I am new

Here you can let everyone know a bit about yourself and your interests.

Moderators: admin, lulu

Post Reply
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

"hello"I am new

Post by ann »

I have been knitting on and off for over 40years, now knitting for my grandchildren,I am going to try knitting baby socks, never done that before, can I do them on 2 needles? have knitted baby cardigans and jackets. and lots of Jean Greenhowe's knitted dolls which are really fun to do the patterns are so easy to follow.
Knitwit
..
..
Posts: 12
Joined: 13 Jan 2008 06:21 pm
Location: Leicestershire

Post by Knitwit »

I've only just joined too, but welcome! :D
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

thanks for the welcome, nice to know there are people on this forum.

ann :D
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

Hi and welcome to the forum :)
irene
...
...
Posts: 31
Joined: 14 Oct 2007 07:01 pm
Location: liverpool

Post by irene »

hello ann, and welcome to our forum
Irene :)
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Hello Ann

You should find baby socks on 2 needles OK. As babies don't walk around the seamless effect you get on 4 needles doesn't matter.

Janet
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

Hi Ann

I'm a big fan of Jean Greenhowes patterns too. I'm making her cinderella doll (again!) at the moment.

I'm also wanting to knit socks and want to do them on 2 needles.

Liz
grant42
.....
.....
Posts: 129
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK

Post by grant42 »

Hi and welcome.
Cheryl

Ravelry ID: grant42
User avatar
knittingmummy
..
..
Posts: 19
Joined: 05 Nov 2007 04:27 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Post by knittingmummy »

Hello,
My name is Amanda look forward to getting to know you.
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

Hi Ann, welcome to the forum. I too make Jean Greenhowe dolls and have done a number of Alan Dart's toys too. Wouldn't knitting baby socks on 2 needles be similar to knitting bootees? - They're easy so you should find socks ok too
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

hello Jane

Post by ann »

hi Jane
thanks for the welcome, I have just finished Jean Greenhowes Mrs Christmas and she has knitted up well, really pleased with her. I am a great fan of Jean Greenhowe's patterns, have 6 of her books now, the trouble is when i finish a doll I just can't part with it, so I have a cupboard full of them. this house is turning into a toy shop.
Have done Alan Dart's Victorian mice. Tried doing baby socks on 2 needles, found a pattern on the net, but disaster!!!!!!! but havn't given up yet. will try doing the bootee's.

ann
Titch
..
..
Posts: 13
Joined: 02 Feb 2008 12:45 am
Location: In the wool stash

Post by Titch »

Hi Ann

I find it easier to use two circular needles for very small items so there's still no seam.
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

Hi Titch in the wool stash,
will give that a go, never done anything on circular needles before,,going to try and finish a babies hoodie I am doing its for Christmas, and then i will try the socks, trying to be very good and finish ongoing things. but then I see more wool and I must have it , going to try the multi coloured wool for the socks.

Ann
Post Reply