Lunch Hour

Have you knitted anywhere unusual? Got a story or a Picture? Where is the most odd place to knit? Post Here

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
cassie
.
.
Posts: 5
Joined: 10 Dec 2007 10:27 pm

Lunch Hour

Post by cassie »

Can't beleive no-one has posted in hear yet. I love being the virgin post expecially as I have joined much later than most of you.

I used to knit in my lunch hour in the office and got a few comments. But then everyone else was male and went the pub so it was nice and quiet. :lol:
Wow - love these new emoticons :bath:
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

Hi Cassie

I knit at work, but only during night shifts to keep me awake.

Liz
grant42
.....
.....
Posts: 129
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK

Post by grant42 »

I used to knit on the train.
Cheryl

Ravelry ID: grant42
User avatar
knittingmummy
..
..
Posts: 19
Joined: 05 Nov 2007 04:27 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

Post by knittingmummy »

Its not really that strange or unusual but I do sometimes knit sitting waiting in the car on the school run. I do get the odd stare as people walk past. It is suprising how much wasted time you spend sitting there as you have to get there so early to get a space. :lol-lol:
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Hi

I do exactly the same thing. It seems such a waste of good knitting time waiting in the car otherwise. I get a few odd stares as well.

Janet
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

I used to knit at work in my lunch break and I knit in the car whilst waiting for my husband when he goes to the gun shop. I also knitted on the coach when I went to Germany so I have actually knitted in the channel tunnel.
Knitwit
..
..
Posts: 12
Joined: 13 Jan 2008 06:21 pm
Location: Leicestershire

Post by Knitwit »

I tend to take mine to our Mother and Baby group. Apart from having to make sure that none of the kids get hold of my needles or wool, it seems to work well. If my baby is happy playing, it seems a waste of time not doing any!
User avatar
Heksie
..
..
Posts: 22
Joined: 18 Jan 2008 08:53 pm
Location: Waterfall South Africa

unusual knitting

Post by Heksie »

:D Hi
I used to knit on the bus trip to and from work. I am a left hand knitter and it looks very odd if you do not realize it so I got lots of people staring and asking questions. Once while knitting a stocking stitch jersey, I closed my eyes while knitting, (I could feel when making a mistake and only openened my eyes to correct the mistake or to begin a row). Boy did the "closed eye knitting lady" stirred up some gossip around me!!!!!. :roll:

Heksie
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

Hello Heksie

I can just imagine what looks people gave you! :D People like a good gossip don't they, so at least you kept them entertained.

My boyfriend laughs at me because I watch tv and knit, without looking at my knitting; or I have my eyes closed too!!

Liz
User avatar
bee
....
....
Posts: 57
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Post by bee »

I took my knitting with me to Jamaica in December.

I also knit during my lunch break at school. Ihave also done my knitting in atrain station waiting room.

Bee :D
Titch
..
..
Posts: 13
Joined: 02 Feb 2008 12:45 am
Location: In the wool stash

Post by Titch »

I knit on the bus to and from work and if I can't sleep then I'll knit in bed while I'm reading a book.
bumper_55
..
..
Posts: 10
Joined: 23 Jul 2008 11:24 am

Post by bumper_55 »

I used to be really addicted and would knit almost anywhere. Long car journeys were my favourite place (when someone else is driving!). A lot of the people in the caravan club we used to belong to were knitters and we would compare projects on weekends away. I have also knitted in my lunch hour and on the train on the way to business meetings, although I did get my business suit covered in fluff once from a particularly hairy yarn. These days I knit when the kids are not around as they try to 'help' which slows me down a bit.
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

When I was young :roll: and went to work on the underground I always used to knit. The needles were useful also if you got next to one of those "touching" men :!:
I find crochet easier than knitting in the car but have done both on aeroplanes (before they stopped you taking the needles on board). Always take something on holiday wherever I go.
ImageImage
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

Like the idea of getting rid of pests with the needles! :lol:
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

janine wrote:Like the idea of getting rid of pests with the needles! :lol:
I had a friend called Violet (you tell how long ago it was by her name :!: )
She used to take hers to the cinema in case you got sat next to one of "those" men :roll: :lol:
ImageImage
Post Reply