Holiday Project
Moderator: admin
Holiday Project
Just back from holiday in the Hebrides (Islands off the West Coast of Scotland) and as I knew it was a long boat journey (took 6 hours to Barra and 7 to South Uist where we got off) I started a crochet Christening Shawl. Didn't get much done on the outward journey from Oban as it was a perfect day and sat on deck taking photos most of the time. Perfect sunset as we arrived and nearly flat calm seas. If I can figure out how I will post a photo of one of the fantastic beaches - like a cool tropical island without the palm trees! Sat on hillside above the beach in Eriskay and took out my crochet - fantastic views......... trip home was horrendous. 6 hours.........3 of which we were tossed about a stretch of water called "The Minch" on a car ferry whose stabilisers were not working! didn't get much crochet done! Loved the Hebrides. Thank you Scottish Government for making the ferry prices to the outer isles affordable. Would recommend a visit if you love quiet,wild places, birdwatching, fishing, cycling, chilling out and spectacular weather - we had 10 days of sun - but you could have 10 of rain so take your crochet or knitting! Connie
gosh - a shawl - on holiday - v.brave.
I usually have some crochet on the go as it is easy to pickup and put down again. as long as you leave a big loop it don't matter if the hook slips out like it does with knitting.
plus it is small to put in a bag - hubbie like stopping in the car to look at the sea - boring after a while - so a bit of crochet is just what the doctor ordered
I usually have some crochet on the go as it is easy to pickup and put down again. as long as you leave a big loop it don't matter if the hook slips out like it does with knitting.
plus it is small to put in a bag - hubbie like stopping in the car to look at the sea - boring after a while - so a bit of crochet is just what the doctor ordered
I was collecting my yarn from the post office and a lady waiting behind me said "a lady after my own heart, what are you knitting?". We then had a 20 min conversation about what we were working on. It's like we are a mini cult, but a joyous one. Very Happy
Last edited by faris on 11 Sep 2014 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
I think this is one of the best reasons for knitting in public - yes you get a few odd looks - but you usually get at least a couple of fellow knitters come up and speak to you. A great ice breaker, expecially if you are on you own 
Admin
www.knitone.co.uk
www.knitone.co.uk


