Patons Dew, and message for Ann

Did you buy a Pattern Book that you absolutely loved? Or brought a yarn which fell to bits? Write a review for others to view here.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
exiled
....
....
Posts: 71
Joined: 07 Jun 2008 08:41 am
Location: sweden

Patons Dew, and message for Ann

Post by exiled »

This is classed as an Aran weight and on the band suggests 19 stitches to 4", on size 4.5. What a laugh! It is a lovely yarn with silk and other fibres and I had hoped to use it as a substitute for Rowan Summer Tweed, out of my purse range. I have done 3 tension squares and finally on size 9 for knit and 10 for purl, I have nearly hit gauge. 3.75mm and 3.25mm. It is a very thin yarn and I wonder if anyone else has had a problem with this.
By the way, Ann ,I had a look at eBay this morning and the prices being asked for Elle wools compared to CPU is ridiculous. Well done, Dianne's, keep up the good work
knitting not smoking
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

Hi
have you seen some of the prices they ask for patterns on e-bay Alan Dart ones go for silly money.and some of them are just cut from mags.

ann
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1660
Joined: 10 Oct 2007 09:31 pm
Contact:

Post by admin »

Don't get me started on Ebay :roll:

I am sure Ebay has its place .... but I find so much on there which we sell cheaper or that they have ripped off or copied ..... I get so frustrated.

However, we have always said that competition is good as it keeps us on our toes :lol:
Post Reply