Sirdar Crofter DK

Did you buy a Pattern Book that you absolutely loved? Or brought a yarn which fell to bits? Write a review for others to view here.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Sirdar Crofter DK

Post by Janet »

Hi all

I would like to recommend Sirdar Crofter DK.
I knitted my hubby a jumper in it with a matching beanie hat for Xmas.
I loved knitting the yarn, it works up beautifully with the added interest of watching the colours develop. It is soft and cuddly to wear.
Best of all my hubby loves them and has been wearing both ever since. (Which as we all know is not always the reaction of hubbies to knitted pressies!!)
:D
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

I like the crofter wool as well, its a bit expensive but worth it. the chunky one is good as well.


ann[/i][/b]
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

I've heard they are bringing one out for babies too. Can't wait! :D
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1660
Joined: 10 Oct 2007 09:31 pm
Contact:

Post by admin »

I can confirm Sirdar are bringing out Snuggly Baby Crofter DK in 5 colours.

We will have it in stock as soon as we can - the rep is due at the beginning of Feb but if we can we will get it sooner.

I have a list of new stuff but just haven't got around to putting it on here. As soon as I get time you will find it in the Members Section :D
exiled
....
....
Posts: 71
Joined: 07 Jun 2008 08:41 am
Location: sweden

Baby crofter, very messy

Post by exiled »

I tried this as a quick knitting project whilst staying with DD recently. I was disappointed and after knitting half the front of a 3 year old ballet cardigan, unpicked it and took the unopened balls back to the LYS .I even gave her the started ball for a charity case! I think the word fair isle effect is misleading. In a small baby size, the pattern would probably be more symmetrical, but in a larger size it just looks a complete muddle. I had deliberately avoided these yarns as I tend to be a bit old fashioned about quick fix things ( eg instant yorkshire puddings) but I though it was time I
moved into the 21st century. I should have stayed where I was!
knitting not smoking
Post Reply