Busy fingers

Here you can let everyone know a bit about yourself and your interests.

Moderators: admin, lulu

Post Reply
BryonyC
.
.
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Nov 2009 05:59 pm
Location: Exmouth

Busy fingers

Post by BryonyC »

Hi all,

I have been purchasing from DKY for some time now, but have only just joined the forum. I have been knitting and crocheting for many many years. My mum and nan taught me to knit and I learned to crochet in the queue at the benefit office as a child in the 60s learning from a lady who used to sit next to my mum. Being left handed I used to sit opposite them and mirror what they did.

I love knitting but don't get to do it often as my husband finds the clacking of the needles irritating - shame, but it means that crochet is what I do most evenings when watching the TV.

I like to reproduce antique or vintage pieces particularly in fine threads, although there is very little use for them nowadays. Most clothing crochet patterns are generally too dated, but I am always on the lookout for practical and stylish items.
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

Hi
and welcome from me. I have tried to master crochet but it dosn't make any sense to me.the more I try the harder it gets.


ann
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Hi

I have found that plastic or wood needles are less irritating to the hubby and more comfy to use.

Janet
Post Reply