circular needles

If you have any questions about knitting please add them here for others to answer.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
Linda Smith
.
.
Posts: 2
Joined: 02 Nov 2007 12:56 pm

circular needles

Post by Linda Smith »

Hello everyone, I am a new member of this forum (1st time on any!!) I have a question regarding 100cm circular needles and if anyone knows where i can purchase a set? The garment in question is a curved fronted cardigan and i need the needle to accomodate 298 stitches! Would i be able to manage with the standard 80cm needle? Any input would be appreciated.
Lindasmith South Lanarkshire
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

Hi Linda

I use Denise interchangeable needles and you can join the cords together to make any length. These would easily accomodate your stitches and are great to use if you feel like investing in a set. I use them all the time.
Beanie
....
....
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 07:46 pm

Post by Beanie »

Hi

The standard size will be fine for your stitches I have had more on mine in a chunky yarn.

Hope that helps.

Zoe
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Hi Linda

I am doing a DK waistcoat at the moment which has the bands done on a circular needle too. It says an 80cm needle in the pattern and the largest size has 427 sts so I think you should be fine with an 80cm one. :D

Janet
Sxandy
.
.
Posts: 1
Joined: 05 Nov 2014 10:48 am

Post by Sxandy »

I find it all depends on the pattern after a few rows you can pick the pattern up.i wouldn`t start the item again.after you`ve done it a few times youll find it easy i know i did.
Post Reply