Hello everyone

Here you can let everyone know a bit about yourself and your interests.

Moderators: admin, lulu

Post Reply
Minxski
..
..
Posts: 12
Joined: 28 Mar 2009 06:49 pm

Hello everyone

Post by Minxski »

Hi

I'm Mel, live in Derbyshire and only recently learnt how to crochet. I tried knitting and realised that I was awful at it ~ I'd drop lots of stiches and couldn't understand how I did it! So I turned my hand to crochet and I found it wonderful. I bought a beginners book with lots of projects and watched some demonstrations on You Tube.

So far I've made a baby's funky hat and a scarf. I am currently making 3 different types of granny squares, which I'm going to crochet togther for a bedspread (taking me a while because I need 72 squares!). I thought after I've done this I'll try making a Afghan ~ which i understand is a mix between knitting and crochet???

I'm so pleased to find a forum like this, and I hope I learn from you all :D
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

Hi, welcome! Nice to hear you found a craft you can do, it's a great stress reliever and that's something everyone needs! Good luck with your project! :D
Minxski
..
..
Posts: 12
Joined: 28 Mar 2009 06:49 pm

Post by Minxski »

thank you janine, I have to say I'm very addicted :oops:
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

Hi Mel, congratulations on getting the hang of crochet, you'll get hours of satisfaction from both doing it and admiring the things you have made. I too am in Derbyshire so if you fancy another go at knitting at any time let me know and maybe we could meet up and I could help.
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

I love a bit of crochet, I made mile a minute afghans for my grandchildren and also for other children. I find crochet easier to travel with too, rather than knitting. Good luck with your projects.
ImageImage
Minxski
..
..
Posts: 12
Joined: 28 Mar 2009 06:49 pm

Post by Minxski »

Thanks Jane, that is such a sweet offer, but I have to admit now I'm totally smitten with crochet I've almost finished my granny squares (a bit of a miscalculation on the size so had to add another 90 wah!), so soon get to crochet them together, I'll take a pic when finished :D

Flystitch ~ I really want to try an afghan ~ I have some patterns I'm dying to try! :D
Beanie
....
....
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 07:46 pm

Post by Beanie »

Hi welcome

I am trying to crochet at the minute, not workin for me though. x
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Hi Welcome

I love crochet and knitting about equal amounts. I agree with Flystitch that crochet is easier to take about and do on the go. I think we all agree that it is a love of yarn that really joins us together whatever we are doing with it.

Janet
Minxski
..
..
Posts: 12
Joined: 28 Mar 2009 06:49 pm

Post by Minxski »

absolutely Janet - couldn't agree more. It's so relaxing and you get such a gift at the end :D
Post Reply