sirdar Calico

If you have any questions about knitting please add them here for others to answer.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
exiled
....
....
Posts: 71
Joined: 07 Jun 2008 08:41 am
Location: sweden

sirdar Calico

Post by exiled »

Can anyone suggest why the white in this yarn is considerably thinner than the colours? Over the last 12 months I have knitted and liked the end result of 3 garments in aqua, putty and blue.The evening before last, I started with a new supply of white,planning a summer sweater for grandaughter. As I had done tension squares for the previous knits, I thought I could just knit away.After a few inches, it was obvious that the tension of the white was much thinner and looser than the bands of putty I was using for interest. I have now ripped it out and am wondering what to do as I really wanted to utilise the left over yarn in the first colours. I suppose I could drop the neeedle size for the white, but it seems an awful nuisance when I wanted a quick garment Odette could wear this year! :?
knitting not smoking
Post Reply