Hello everyone,
My name is valerie, I am 51 years old have one grown up son. I am also a christian. I love crochet I can knit but love to crochet for about 40 years
especially from american patterns and brazilian and japenese too. And also freeform crochet. I crochet for charity mostly. I have just finished a blanket throw for my son he loves chess so he asked me to crochet him one like a chess board. I also do tapestry crochet so I am going to try to make him 2 cushions to match one with a picture of a chess king and chess queen. There is a free software from the internet called knitpro and it changes pictures into charts for knitting, cross stitch and crochet so I used that for the chess pictures chart.
love in Jesus. and lots of hugs xxx
new member
-
valerie sotiropoulos
- .

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009 11:03 am
Thanks Jane,
I will try to post photos when I work out how to post them on this forum,
These two websites might help you to progress The Art of Crochet by Teresa. This one is really helpful and also she has videos on youtube too.
And learn to crochet by lionbrand. they have lots of free patterns you might already know about them though. I do hope you will be able to progress.crochet seems to be more popular abroad than here in the uk!
love and hugs
xxx
I will try to post photos when I work out how to post them on this forum,
These two websites might help you to progress The Art of Crochet by Teresa. This one is really helpful and also she has videos on youtube too.
And learn to crochet by lionbrand. they have lots of free patterns you might already know about them though. I do hope you will be able to progress.crochet seems to be more popular abroad than here in the uk!
love and hugs
xxx
Hi valerie sotiropoulos ~ lovely to see another crochet addict ~ I think most people are knitters ~ which I'm quite envious of because me and knitting just don't make a good pair
I've never seen Japanese crochet ~ so now I'm going to hunt the net for some examples
I found the website, I think, of The Art of Crochet by Teresa, which is http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/ for those of you that are interrested. Looks good ~ I love new ideas of crochet. I have to admit, she is the lady I followed on Youtube to give me a the beginnning step, but I didnt' realise at first that American crochet is different so it took my poor brain a while to work it out!

I've never seen Japanese crochet ~ so now I'm going to hunt the net for some examples
I found the website, I think, of The Art of Crochet by Teresa, which is http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/ for those of you that are interrested. Looks good ~ I love new ideas of crochet. I have to admit, she is the lady I followed on Youtube to give me a the beginnning step, but I didnt' realise at first that American crochet is different so it took my poor brain a while to work it out!

