As promised, here the photos of some of the toys I made last year
Alan Dart's westie
Rabbit I made 4 rabbits - 2 this coulor, 1 pink and 1 brown and cream
Jean Greenhowe's fireman
rainbow babies
Santa
Snowman
I also made 3 scarecrows, a cinderella topsy turvy doll and a holly and ivy topsy turvy doll but neglected to photograph them before they went to their new homes.
ann wrote:hi
they are brilliant!!!!!!!!! i couldn't part with them especially the dog and rabbit, what wool did you use it looks great, well done
Ann
Hi Ann
The dog and the rabbit were done in Sirdar Snowflake Chunky. When completed they don't actually look knitted the fabric is so dense and they feel really soft and cuddly. The rabbits I made all had names embroidered on them (except the one in the photo which was made for charity) and given to friends who had new babies. I think I may have to another for myself though!
I was so impressed with them that I decided I wanted to make the dog for my sister who has a westie, but I've found out that it is discontinued now. Does anyone have a spare copy for sale?
The dog and the rabbit are both Alan Dart patterns, the rabbit pattern was in Simply Knitting a couple of months ago with a basket of eggs on his back for easter. I didn't realise that the dog pattern was discontinued, my husband found it in the internet for me last year in a booklet of Alan Dart patterns called Animal Magic
The Alan Dart website has been newly made over and now offers some of his patterns as downloads for £2.50.
Almost all (except Dickensian Mice) of his designs that were in pattern leaflet format have been discontinued by Sirdar - including all the dogs. But Alan has already put one of the dogs on his site for download and says he will be doing more soon.
At risk of repeating myself and not wishing to be a party pooper - please make sure that any pattern you buy off ebay is the original pattern and not a photocopy. Photocopies infringe the copyright of the designer (Alan Dart in this case) and is illegal. Pattern CD's are often also illegal unless they are actually patterns designed by the person selling the CD's.
I know illegal copies are a pet hate of Alan Dart and he does mention it on his website.