Search found 74 matches

by Flystitch
12 Apr 2009 10:50 am
Forum: Knitting
Topic: sirdar duet
Replies: 10
Views: 24758

A tension square is usually knitted in stocking stitch, 1 row knit, 1 row purl. Give it a go.
by Flystitch
09 Apr 2009 02:33 pm
Forum: Polls
Topic: Pattern Leaflet Postage
Replies: 9
Views: 15465

Well I think it is a great idea.I know the pattern gets creased after using it for a bit but is nice to start out with them looking pristune. I keep mine in those plastic folders when using them, keeps them a bit cleaner.
by Flystitch
09 Apr 2009 02:27 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: I`m a newbie.
Replies: 6
Views: 13771

Hi Vonnie, how is the st st sweater going !!
by Flystitch
09 Apr 2009 02:25 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hello everyone
Replies: 8
Views: 15661

I love a bit of crochet, I made mile a minute afghans for my grandchildren and also for other children. I find crochet easier to travel with too, rather than knitting. Good luck with your projects.
by Flystitch
09 Apr 2009 02:23 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Another noob!
Replies: 5
Views: 11932

I think just the act of concentrating on the knitting takes your mind off other things.
Do hope your heart surgery was a success and your family are back in good health and you are getting your life back to normal.
Welcome !!
by Flystitch
25 Feb 2009 03:19 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: I`m a newbie.
Replies: 6
Views: 13771

Hello Vonnie, and welcome. Tell us about yourself - how long have you been knitting?
by Flystitch
04 Feb 2009 10:50 pm
Forum: Feedback
Topic: chapter 2 of the C.P.U
Replies: 7
Views: 13398

Cecil, Claude, Cornelius :?: :lol:
by Flystitch
04 Feb 2009 10:49 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: Knitting pattern for pinafore dress for a 7 year old
Replies: 2
Views: 8591

If you google for "knitting pattern pinafore dress" it comes up with a couple on eBid. Have not used that site, only used Ebay but I am sure it would be OK.
by Flystitch
14 Jan 2009 03:58 pm
Forum: Looking For
Topic: knitting fiction books
Replies: 10
Views: 18529

Yes, Yvette, looks like a search is in order :!:
by Flystitch
14 Jan 2009 09:46 am
Forum: Looking For
Topic: knitting fiction books
Replies: 10
Views: 18529

Kate Jacobs book Comfort Food is about a widow who cooks on TV. Just got it out of the library. I think her next knitting book is Knit 2 but haven't seen it anywhere yet.
by Flystitch
12 Jan 2009 05:10 pm
Forum: Looking For
Topic: knitting fiction books
Replies: 10
Views: 18529

I shall look for that one as well, thanks.
by Flystitch
08 Jan 2009 03:11 pm
Forum: Looking For
Topic: knitting fiction books
Replies: 10
Views: 18529

I shall check out Christie Ridgway. Gil McNeil has a new one coming out soon I believe.
by Flystitch
05 Jan 2009 10:58 pm
Forum: Looking For
Topic: knitting fiction books
Replies: 10
Views: 18529

No I haven't but can recommend Divas Don't Knit by Gil McNeil, also the Friday Night Knitting Club. Go them from the library.
by Flystitch
01 Jan 2009 03:57 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: New Year
Replies: 1
Views: 6807

Thankyou, and the same for all our members.
by Flystitch
29 Dec 2008 05:23 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: Christmas Knits
Replies: 14
Views: 23819

Checked out your blog Searchfamilies. Loved the picture of you and your Mum and the goodies you have made.