Christmas 2007 gifts

If you have any general craft questions please ask here.

If a subject comes up frequently we will add it as a new forum.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Christmas 2007 gifts

Post by Janet »

Hi everyone

Has anyone got any interesting gifts for Christmas.

I got a book about Tatting and a tatting shuttle.

After several false starts I think I am begining to get the idea. :) It is like a cross between crochet and bobbin lace. Although I have only managed to make tiny circles so far.

Janet
User avatar
bee
....
....
Posts: 57
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Post by bee »

Janet I have not received any interesting presents this year but yours sounds very interesting. You will have to post a picture of what you have done so I can see what tatting is.

Bee :D
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

I think I will have to get a bit better at it before I try to take pictures as the little circles I have done so far are only about half an inch across.
Not much to see on a photo!

Still I am hopeful of bigger and better things in time. :)

Janet
User avatar
bee
....
....
Posts: 57
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Post by bee »

Go for it Janet.

Bee :D
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

I can remember my mum doing tatting when we were younger.

Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing piccies of your work! :)
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

I remember my cousins tatting some lovely dressing table mats when I was small. You may find you can do more than you think!
Post Reply