Page 1 of 1

Christmas Knits

Posted: 02 Dec 2007 02:30 pm
by Northernknitter
Do many of you make knitted Christmas gifts for your friends and family? And if you do what is your favourite thing to make?

Posted: 02 Dec 2007 03:23 pm
by Liz
Hi

I have done in the past, toys for kids and hats and scarves for people. How about yourself?

Liz

Posted: 02 Dec 2007 05:19 pm
by Northernknitter
Hi Liz

I have made a few bits and pieces (usually jumpers for nephew or nieces, while they are young). However I'm thinking it would be a good idea for next year! (I'm not starting now for this year! :lol: )

Posted: 02 Dec 2007 06:17 pm
by grant42
I have not made any yet,i keep promising to make my sister a cardigan with Marilyn Munroe on,but still have not got round to it :oops: hopefully next xmas she will get one. :)

Posted: 08 Dec 2007 09:30 pm
by jane
I made a cardi for my Nan one year and my Dad had to sit and wait until 11:30 pm on xmas eve for me to finish it and wrap it up so that he could deliver it :oops:

Last year a made a scarf for my work's secret santa - that was done on time :wink:

Re: Christmas Knits

Posted: 19 Dec 2008 01:27 pm
by searchfamilies
I have in the past made christmas garments, as my mum passed away a couple of months ago i have not done much i have done some socks for DGC but i am seting myself a challenge from January which is to turn my fabric & yarn stash in to a gift stash i am a novice quilter so that what the fabric will be doing & the yarn will become knitted items i have a large stash of cotton that has come from the USA they make dishcloths/facecloths so will do these & i can make up a basket by adding shower/bath stuff to go along with it.
Northernknitter wrote:Do many of you make knitted Christmas gifts for your friends and family? And if you do what is your favourite thing to make?

Posted: 19 Dec 2008 01:50 pm
by Northernknitter
Sorry to hear about your mum.

Good luck with your gift stash next year :D

Posted: 19 Dec 2008 01:52 pm
by searchfamilies
Thanks, she was 97 when she died & the day before she passed in her sleep her hands was going as if she was knitting, i say she Purl her way to Heaven
Northernknitter wrote:Sorry to hear about your mum.

Good luck with your gift stash next year :D

Posted: 28 Dec 2008 10:37 am
by Flystitch
I have a book about crocheted tree ornaments. I am going to have a go at making those this year.

Searchfamilies, I love the way you spoke about your Mum purling her way to heaven - hope I can manage to do that.

Posted: 28 Dec 2008 12:25 pm
by searchfamilies
Thanks She loved her knitting & my dad said it was 25 years before mum knitted for him (too busy knitting for the kids) well he passed away 20 years ago so now she can knit for him again lol

I been doing some back scrubbers if you like to look on my blog you see it with a link to the pattern.
Flystitch wrote:I have a book about crocheted tree ornaments. I am going to have a go at making those this year.

Searchfamilies, I love the way you spoke about your Mum purling her way to heaven - hope I can manage to do that.

Posted: 28 Dec 2008 07:05 pm
by Beanie
oh what a lovely thread, I too hope i purl my way to heaven.

I knit gifts bags, scarfs, sock, gloves.

This year I was late with them. I am starting NOW for 2009 and I hopefully will have a big stash of gifts.

Posted: 29 Dec 2008 12:50 pm
by searchfamilies
I just learnt to do socks with heels so i did manage to do some, but with mum being ill then passing i was so behind so i have already made a start for next Christmas i will need the whole year to get everything done especially as some will be quilted items so i said i am turning my Yarn & Fabric Stash in to a Gift Stash
Beanie wrote:oh what a lovely thread, I too hope i purl my way to heaven.

I knit gifts bags, scarfs, sock, gloves.

This year I was late with them. I am starting NOW for 2009 and I hopefully will have a big stash of gifts.

Posted: 29 Dec 2008 12:51 pm
by searchfamilies
I can't crochet & i never knitted ornaments for the tree good luck with doing yours
searchfamilies wrote:Thanks She loved her knitting & my dad said it was 25 years before mum knitted for him (too busy knitting for the kids) well he passed away 20 years ago so now she can knit for him again lol

I been doing some back scrubbers if you like to look on my blog you see it with a link to the pattern.
Flystitch wrote:I have a book about crocheted tree ornaments. I am going to have a go at making those this year.

Searchfamilies, I love the way you spoke about your Mum purling her way to heaven - hope I can manage to do that.

Posted: 29 Dec 2008 05:23 pm
by Flystitch
Checked out your blog Searchfamilies. Loved the picture of you and your Mum and the goodies you have made.

Posted: 29 Dec 2008 05:33 pm
by searchfamilies
Thank you, you can see we are both wearing Aran, the photo was taken when we was on holiday in Scotland quite a few years ago now