Page 1 of 3
Work in Progress???
Posted: 29 Nov 2007 07:44 pm
by Northernknitter
Hi everyone
I was just wondering how many of you are like me and always have several knitting projects on the go at the same time?
At the moment I am being very good

and have only got 3 things on my needles! They are; a scarf for my daughter, a cushion cover and a baby cardigan, although lots of other things are crying out for me to cast them on!!

Posted: 29 Nov 2007 09:20 pm
by grant42
Only one,i get to confused if i have more than 1 on the go.

Posted: 30 Nov 2007 06:39 pm
by irene
Hi
i have to finish one item before i start another, or i find i lose interest and never go back to it
irene

Posted: 30 Nov 2007 11:09 pm
by jane
I'm terrible. I currently have:
a brown cardigan for me
a jumper for my husband
a black cardigan for my daughter
a cream cardi for the same daughter
a baby matinee jacket
a lace scarf
a pair of socks
and a rabbit in need of 3 paws and a tail
all in progress along with 3 unfinished cross stitch projects!!!!
My New Year resolution will be to finish all projects before starting any more but I have had the same resolution for the past 5 years and never managed to keep it yet

Posted: 30 Nov 2007 11:11 pm
by jane
Oh, and I'm going on a coach holiday next week so I've bought the wool to knit a scarf whilst I'm away

Posted: 01 Dec 2007 11:04 am
by grant42
Thats a lot of projects.Have a nice holiday Jane.

Posted: 01 Dec 2007 11:51 am
by irene
Hi Jane,
How do you remember where you are up to on each item? and how do you decide which one to do next.
best wishes
Irene

Posted: 02 Dec 2007 02:25 pm
by Northernknitter
Jane, you make me feel good!

My 3 projects don't seem too bad!
Enjoy your holiday.............and your knitting!
Posted: 02 Dec 2007 03:22 pm
by Liz
Hi
I'm not as bad as I used to be but I do have several projects on the go at once. I'm constantly making hats and scarves for charity, at present I'm making a mermaid doll, a cardigan, a dinosaur, and quiet a few long term WIP which I try really hard to get done but have lost interest!
Liz
Posted: 02 Dec 2007 05:21 pm
by Northernknitter
Hi Liz
I think my long term WIP are left for the same reason as yours.....I get a bit bored and want to start something new!

Posted: 08 Dec 2007 09:27 pm
by jane
Me too. Boredom plays a big part in things getting left, that and not meeting deadlines

The jumper for my husband was supposed to be a birthday present but it's still not finished and his birthday was October!
Posted: 09 Dec 2007 07:47 pm
by Northernknitter
Hi Jane
Perhaps it may be finished by next birthday?!

Posted: 10 Dec 2007 06:25 pm
by Janet
Hi
I am terrible about this too. I always have a lot of projects on the go at once. For me it is because I get an idea for something or see a new pattern and just have to start straight away. The other projects then get left for a while but all get finished eventually.
I also have one cardi that I finished ages ago and have not yet sewn up as other things got done first.
As well as all the knitting and crochet I have 5 cross stitch projects on the go at the moment.
Janet
Posted: 10 Dec 2007 10:33 pm
by cassie
Hi all - was a member of the old forum so nice to see/hear everyone again.
What is the longest you have had a project on the go?
I started a cardigan not long after I was married - our next anniversary will be our 20th. Cardigan still not done and I am twice the size
I am sure someone can beat that though

Posted: 11 Dec 2007 03:08 pm
by Northernknitter
Hi
I think 20 years may take some beating!
