Page 1 of 1

Shaped jumpers

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 04:05 pm
by sewjan66
I want to knit a jumper that is shaped at the sides. The trouble is that the jumper pattern is too short so I would like to add length to the jumper. How do I do this when the jumper is shaped? :?

Posted: 06 Sep 2010 07:00 pm
by Janet
Hi Sewjan66

Can you provide a bit more information about the jumper pattern? How much too short is it and where on your body would the original have finished?
Does the shaping only happen at the sides of the front and back pieces? Does the shaping start right from the bottom of the original jumper or is there a bit of straight knitting first?

The simplest way to add length is knit some straight knitting before you begin the shaping but that may not work in your design.

Janet