Page 1 of 1
Has everyone deserted DKY forum?
Posted: 26 Jul 2010 06:33 am
by exiled
Have just been looking at the dates of the last posts on forum topics. Where is everybody?
I joined Ravelry a couple of years ago but have to confess that I can not find my way around. I think I must be getting old, I can not even find my own occasional post!
I am going to stick to this one, even though it is now getting rather exclusive!

.
The sun is shining after a day of rain, temperature at 6.30 down to 10degrees, and we have to drive 100 miles to a hospital for DH to have tests.
Don,t ever knock the NHS!
Betty
Posted: 26 Jul 2010 09:39 am
by ann
Hi Betty
yes its not very busy, just you, me and Carole, could be a good forum, come on ladies join in.
ann
Posted: 26 Jul 2010 01:17 pm
by admin
It is a quiet time of year and I think there are some good big forums out there which people get addicted to. I tried Ravelry too and found it too big and difficult to use so gave up too.
BTW - we do have a facebook page which you can become fans on. I hope to use it to let fans know when new stuff is in but must admit to not really knowing how to use it yet. Daughter got me addicted to Farmville on Facebook

Face book etc
Posted: 01 Aug 2010 09:33 am
by exiled
Am a tad wary about face-book and keep resisting encouragement from younger members about joining. I read that it is allowing "them" to access a lot of information about people,s lives, likes, dislikes etc, and allowing targeting of specific groups with advertising etc. Also, if I am ever going to get through my yarn stash before I leave this world, I really can not spend anymore time on the PC. It is bad enough that houses have to be cleaned, laundry done and food cooked. When I retired 6 years ago, my friends and work colleagues said" Oh you will be so bored!". What a joke!. What happened is that some clever person altered all the clocks so that time is ticking by faster every day! And that means less knitting.
Have a good Sunday
Posted: 01 Aug 2010 04:03 pm
by ann
Hi Betty
I won't go on face book either or the Ravelry the knitting one. Know what you mean about being retired and the time going by so quickly, I am sure the earth is speeding up, but my knitting seems to be slowing down, just finished a aran jacket for grandson and its taken me forever, just could not get into it, kept putting it aside and doing a bit more then putting it away again. think the next thing I knit will be one of the Jean Greenhowe dolls, I think her patterns are really good and very easy to follow.
ann
p.s
Hope your husband got on o.k at the hospital.
Time passing etc
Posted: 02 Aug 2010 06:27 pm
by exiled
Hello, my poor husband is approaching his70th birthday and everything is going wrong. He had electric shock tests to find out why part of his left hand is dead. Good job he does,t knit

One of his many health probs!
Like you, I seem to take ages to finish things. I started a cardigan from discontinued Jaeger Roma yarn-absolutely perfect to knit - in April knowing full well I did not have enough yarn. And yet I kept knitting. How stupid is that! It was a bargain purchase 4 years ago, but in the end I had to send to USA for enough to finish, so it was not cheap . In between, I have knitted 4 cottonblend shrugs for granddaughter, jacket from Peoples Friend for same, picked up and put down a 4ply cardigan I started 2 years ago for sister in law, and did not even look at a 4ply cardigan I started 3 years ago for self! The Roma cardi is finally finished minus the lace cuffs.Partly ,cos I still did not have enough wool and partly if I had done anymore of the 12 row lace pattern for the edging I would have gone crazy. Every row had to be read, I could not remember any of it! I made a promise to myself that I would finish everything before I started anything else, but on Saturday went for a meal and guess what`? they are expecting a baby next month and I have a stash of lovely soft Elle Caress in blue and it will make a beautiful blanket.Ah well, you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and knitters.
I used to love doing Greenhowe dolls, forgot that is a good way of using small balls of yarn. Now, where did I put that J G book`?My granddaughter would love a soft kntted toy.....

Posted: 03 Aug 2010 12:04 am
by admin
Have just been looking at what we can do with our Facebook page and found we can put a button on our website which is a link to the Facebook feeds but you don't have to be a Facebook member to see it
It is called a 'like' button which means that if you are a Facebook member you can become a fan of DKY, but if you are not a member it at least gives you all another way of finding out what is new.
I think we will just put notes on there to say that there is new stuff and to look at the forum for more details - otherwise the posts will be duplicating the forum
CPU has had a FB page for a while and has 37 fans but the DKY Page has only just started so only has 6 - not even all the staff have joined yet
Have spent a while this evening creating a logo, the rest of the time I was putting all the new Sirdar Colours online that came in today

Full list in the Sirdar section of the Forum shortly.
Posted: 03 Aug 2010 08:57 am
by ann
Carole
you must dream about wool, but its nice that you are busy. put in for a pay rise :lol: :lol: :lol:
ann
Bargain Find
Posted: 03 Aug 2010 05:34 pm
by exiled
It seems a bit mean to DKY but I know from previous posts that they accept we can not buy everything here. Anyway, I discovered quite by chance an online shop called Fankle yarns. It is a very nice lady with a shop in Scotland and at the moment she is giving 40% discount off all her existing stock.She has reduced supplies now but it is worth having a look. I bought some fantastic adriafil stuff called icecream, would be nice for doll,s clothes trim I would think.
Started that baby blanket in the blue caress I bought here about 2+3 years ago. I downloaded the pattern from the net, it is a Rowan called The Apple Tree blanket. I have never worked from a chart and could not enlarge the paper. What a frustrating nightmare. In the end I knitted the pattern as a sampler and at 5.30 this morning finally cracked it! Now I can hopefully get on and get it finished before the baby arrives.
And yes, I do sometimes dream about wool and definitely count projects instead of sheep!
SORRY, Ann
Posted: 04 Aug 2010 07:13 am
by exiled
I realised after I had posted that you were talking to Carole.

Posted: 04 Aug 2010 10:29 am
by ann
I'll talk to anyone haha
ann
Posted: 04 Aug 2010 09:45 pm
by admin
I think we all dream about wool

Posted: 04 Aug 2010 10:24 pm
by janine
I certainly knit in my dreams! And many of my daydreams are about the wool I would buy if money was no object!

Posted: 05 Aug 2010 08:18 am
by ann
I would have a room full if I could not to knit just to look at. :D :D
ann
Posted: 09 Aug 2010 04:31 pm
by Janet
Hi all
Yes dreaming about wool is certainly something I do and projects for the future as well. More probably than I will every do.
My stash is already bigger than I will every use in this life!!
Janet