Page 1 of 1

Hi

Posted: 08 May 2010 03:03 pm
by jeanniebean
Hi,
I am Jeannie and have just found the Dianne's Knitting Yarns website, placed and received my first order and decided to join the Forum.

I buy wool to knit Doggie sweaters for small dog breeds which I either sell to raise money for the Animal Health Trust Deserving Cases Fund who have helped me in the past or if I have no orders I knit them and donate them to the AHT to use in their Small Animal Centre for dogs that have had to have their fur shaved for operations, oncology etc.


http://www.aht.org.uk/supporting_deservercase.html

Posted: 12 May 2010 06:58 pm
by Janet
Hi

That is certainly different. Good for you. What sort of yarn do you use?
Do shaved little dogs find wool itchy?

I once had to put my beagle in a leg warmer with leg holes cut in it to stop her scratching out stitches with her back leg.

Janet

Posted: 12 May 2010 09:42 pm
by jeanniebean
Hi Janet and thank you. I usually use DK acrylic yarn as its better for washing and wearing than wool or wool mix and is usually better tolerated. We recommend using baby - gro's to help stop post-op scratching or nibbling. I also use sports socks for paw probs, :D fastened with micropore tape. Lots of small dogs, Poodles, Bichons, KCC Spaniels, Cairns etc all like a coat or sweater in cold weather or if they are old so I sold quite a few. I see you found the pictures of some of my sweaters too :D