Page 1 of 1

Hi Everyone

Posted: 30 Oct 2007 06:10 pm
by jane
Hi

I'm Jane. I'm married with 3 daughters, 3 step-sons and 1 step-daughter and a granddaughter. Then there's the 2 dogs and 6 cats + 5 kittens!! I'm currently off work long term sick and have taken up knitting again to pass the time. My Grandma taught me to knit when I was 5 and I knitted my first proper item, a shawl for a pregnant friend when I was 16. Next thing I knitted was baby clothes for my own baby including a christening gown when I was 21.
Now that knitting is back in fashion I have got my daughter's wearing hand knitted items again for the first time since they were small and I have been knitting toys all summer. I have just finished 25 jumper key fobs to be sold in aid of breast cancer research and currently have a baby matinee jacket, a jumper for my husband, a cardigan for my daughter, a lace scarf and a big fluffy rabbit all on the needle!!

Anyway, enough, I look forward to hearing from you all

Posted: 30 Oct 2007 06:38 pm
by grant42
Hi Jane and welcome :)

Posted: 31 Oct 2007 10:10 am
by Janet
Hi Jane

You sound like you will fit in well on this forum.

We are all knitaholics. I always have several things on the go at once. It stops me getting bored with one thing. Right now I am knitting myself a waistcoat with some DK left over from another project, baby ponchos for my church bazaar and squares for my church knit and natter group. That doesn't include the completed jacket to sew up and the cardigan in very complicated pattern on hold because I don't like the yarn much.

Janet

Getting to know you!

Posted: 02 Nov 2007 06:49 pm
by Linda Smith
Hello. I'm Linda and i have just joined the forum today. I have been a knitter ever since my great aunt taught me over 40 years ago. I knitted for both of my childred when they were small and for many friends children and grand children in the years since my family failed to appreciate hand knitted garments! I was called on to knit for most impending births in the immediate area that I used to live.
My husband and I moved up here in July this year to be closer to our son and his fiance, and we love it, and we certainly need more sweaters etc.
I am also in the middle of a university course studying for my ECDL.
I like to read, cook,and we both go to the gym and go walking when we can.
I look forward to chatting to other knitters, as my husband is not very clued up!

Posted: 02 Nov 2007 07:00 pm
by grant42
Hi Linda and welcome :)

Posted: 03 Nov 2007 12:21 pm
by irene
welcome to the forum Linda
Irene :)

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 02:38 pm
by Beanie
Hi welcome to the forum lovely to have you with us.

Zoe