Page 1 of 1

Circle

Posted: 30 Oct 2007 10:17 am
by Sue
Is it possible to knit a flat circle on two ordinary needles? I like to felt knitted bags and would like to make a round one, at my daughters request. I know I could crochet a circle but I like to knit in another yarn with the wool for a mottled effect which wont work in crochet I dont think. Any ideas? :?

Posted: 30 Oct 2007 03:27 pm
by Janet
Hi Sue

Well I have seen squares and hexagons done in knitting on 2 needles. They were knitted from either the outside in or the inside out by putting regular decreases or increases along the rows.
You ended up with just one seam from the middle of the shape to the edge to join the shape together.

Would that be any use?

Janet

Circles

Posted: 02 Nov 2007 08:23 am
by Sue
Thank you Janet, I will give that a try!
Sue

Posted: 04 Nov 2007 02:43 pm
by Beanie
Sue

Have a go a short row knitting I do triangles that way and i I imagine if I did'nt change direction I would end up with a circle

Zoe

Posted: 19 Nov 2007 10:41 am
by Sue
Thanks Zoe but I'm not sure what you mean? :?
Sue x

Posted: 25 Nov 2007 05:25 pm
by Beanie
Hi

Basically if you have 10 stitches each row you knit 1 less stitch untill you have 2 stiches and then knit the row complete then start again so one end would be shorter then the other. (does that make sense)