Page 1 of 1

Busy fingers

Posted: 09 Dec 2009 06:24 pm
by BryonyC
Hi all,

I have been purchasing from DKY for some time now, but have only just joined the forum. I have been knitting and crocheting for many many years. My mum and nan taught me to knit and I learned to crochet in the queue at the benefit office as a child in the 60s learning from a lady who used to sit next to my mum. Being left handed I used to sit opposite them and mirror what they did.

I love knitting but don't get to do it often as my husband finds the clacking of the needles irritating - shame, but it means that crochet is what I do most evenings when watching the TV.

I like to reproduce antique or vintage pieces particularly in fine threads, although there is very little use for them nowadays. Most clothing crochet patterns are generally too dated, but I am always on the lookout for practical and stylish items.

Posted: 09 Dec 2009 08:48 pm
by ann
Hi
and welcome from me. I have tried to master crochet but it dosn't make any sense to me.the more I try the harder it gets.


ann

Posted: 04 Jan 2010 11:06 pm
by Janet
Hi

I have found that plastic or wood needles are less irritating to the hubby and more comfy to use.

Janet