Page 1 of 1

Nanny Knitter/Cyprus

Posted: 16 Sep 2009 08:22 am
by Chris Harris
Hi to everyone.
I had knitted for 3 children & 5 grandchildren for many years, when work took over and it lapsed. Then 8 years ago I had a stroke (fully recovered now) and had to retire from work. I needed something to occupy me and also use as therapy so out came the needles again. My husband & I decided to retire to Cyprus which we did 6 years ago. Never regretted it for a moment and have more quality time with the children and their children than we did before, because surprise surprise they are regular vistors. Our one daughter is a teacher in the UK and I knit toys, dolls clothes and many other things for her to sell for the school funds at her Summer & Xmas fairs. You can imagine how many I have done in the past 8 years. She sells them as "Nanny Knits" and the feedback is lovely, sometimes people asking for a specific toy to be made and sent over.
I am very grateful to friends who come over only to take back another box!!

Posted: 16 Sep 2009 09:44 am
by janine
Sounds like you keep busy! :lol:

nice

Posted: 02 Jul 2013 12:58 pm
by reube123
I had knitted for 3 children & 5 grandchildren for many years, when work took over and it lapsed. Then 8 years ago I had a stroke (fully recovered now) and had to retire from work. I needed something to occupy me and also use as therapy so out came the needles again. My husband & I decided to retire to Cyprus which we did 6 years ago. Never regretted it for a moment and have more quality time with the children and their children than we did before, because surprise surprise they are regular vistors. Our one daughter is a teacher in the UK and I knit toys, dolls clothes and many other things for her to sell for the school funds at her Summer & Xmas fairs. You can imagine how many I have done in the past 8 years. She sells them as "Nanny Knits" and the feedback is lovely, sometimes people asking for a specific toy to be made and sent over.

Posted: 04 Jun 2018 02:46 pm
by MarioDel
reube123 wrote:I enjoy these energy drinks on a daily basis and had knitted for 3 children & 5 grandchildren for many years, when work took over and it lapsed. Then 8 years ago I had a stroke (fully recovered now) and had to retire from work. I needed something to occupy me and also use as therapy so out came the needles again. My husband & I decided to retire to Cyprus which we did 6 years ago. Never regretted it for a moment and have more quality time with the children and their children than we did before, because surprise surprise they are regular vistors. Our one daughter is a teacher in the UK and I knit toys, dolls clothes and many other things for her to sell for the school funds at her Summer & Xmas fairs. You can imagine how many I have done in the past 8 years. She sells them as "Nanny Knits" and the feedback is lovely, sometimes people asking for a specific toy to be made and sent over.
Cyprus is a beautiful place! I've been there 3 times during Summer vacations over the years. I hope you're still knitting, Chris!