Page 1 of 1
pattern for patons cotton acrylic Vintage yarn.
Posted: 22 Jun 2009 11:55 pm
by exiled
This is a fairly up to date yarn but unfortunately all my google searches are interpreted as old vintage.
I have bought some of this yarn, it says size 4.5 mm needles but I can not find the patterns.
Would this be an Aran thickness, do you think?
Any help appreciated.
Posted: 23 Jun 2009 10:25 pm
by janine
I'm fairly sure that I bought some of that too and found it worked well to a sirdar aran pattern.
Thank you
Posted: 24 Jun 2009 02:39 pm
by exiled
I will dig out an Aran pattern and try that. I must resist the urge to start on that before finishing present projects though!
Posted: 24 Jun 2009 07:07 pm
by janine
I can never resist, that's why I've got loads of half finished projects all over my house!

unfinished projects and Sirdar calico
Posted: 29 Jun 2009 05:46 am
by exiled
I am feeling quite virtuous as I finished a cardigan for myself in Elle gold trio,
but despite getting tension spot on, found it slightly small after sewing! A first for me.Fortunately it is 100 percent courtelle and after washing and medium heat pressing, managed to get the extra room needed over the bust and tummy. I also finished a little jacket for my granddaughter and that is lovely.Just need buttons on both garments.The forest green 4ply cardigan for self started last September, has lost it,s appeal and gone back into it,s bag.
Over the last 12 months, I have made 2 little garments in Calico and been very pleased with my first excursions into knitting with cotton based yarn.Last night however I cast on a summer sweater, again for GD and thought I would combine the new stock of white Calico with some left over putty and blue .Maybe some stripes with an occasional heart.After doing a tension square, I sailed away and enjoyed the first few inches.I noticed however that the white was looking sloppy compared to the colours.I have ripped out and done the wrap test. The white gives 19 to the inch and the blue and putty only 16. Is there any scientific reason why the white is thinner than the colours? Does the dying make a yarn thicker and slightly softer.Does anyone know.
Do I now put the Calico back in my stash or revise which garment I am going to knit?

Posted: 14 Dec 2013 05:09 am
by imikanwar
bob the builder pattern was in womans weekly one christmas sorry i can`t got the pattern but thought it might help someone might have a copy