Page 1 of 1

Another noob!

Posted: 07 Apr 2009 08:36 am
by shadesofwhite
My names is Tracey just joined today.

I have an hubby been married 15 years this year :shock: a twelve year old son and a four year old daughter.

Had a most challenging couple of years, short story is..... I been through open heart surgery had an hernia fixed more recently lost my mum had my dad and husband in hospital all at the time same which just so happenend to be christmas so have took knitting back up trying to keep saine!

I love music Alice Cooper being my favourite, but also love Gene Pitney Buddy Holly...

Also love tattoos I used to be into the paranormal too but have lost my faith abit on that one.

Anyway didnt think I was giving my full life story but have got carried away :lol: ooohhh and hellloooooo to all!

Posted: 07 Apr 2009 03:35 pm
by janine
Hi, welcome! Don't know if knitting keeps you sane, cos I'm not, but it gives you a focus! :lol: And it gives you something to think about when anything else is too much to deal with.

Posted: 09 Apr 2009 02:23 pm
by Flystitch
I think just the act of concentrating on the knitting takes your mind off other things.
Do hope your heart surgery was a success and your family are back in good health and you are getting your life back to normal.
Welcome !!

Posted: 16 Apr 2009 11:30 am
by jane
Hi Tracey, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have had a stressful time recently, I hope you find that your knitting calms you and brings a sense of achievement.

Posted: 18 Apr 2009 01:28 pm
by Beanie
Hi Tracey

xxx

Posted: 25 May 2009 11:51 am
by Minxski
Hi shadesofwhite ~ good to see another neebie. I'm rather fond of tattoos myself (having 3) plus piercings (which kinda go together) ~ oh the joys of youth :lol: I hope everything is peachy in your life now and that you are all happy and healthy :wink:

I have to agree with everyone, having a craft really concentrates the mind and makes you relax ~ plus you end up with a lovely item that you can keep or give as a pressie! :D