Page 1 of 1
knitting fiction books
Posted: 05 Jan 2009 12:47 pm
by yvette
hello and happy new year to all. has anybody heard of an author called christie ridgway her titles include unravel me and how to knit a wild bikini.has any one read this if so are they good????????
Posted: 05 Jan 2009 10:58 pm
by Flystitch
No I haven't but can recommend Divas Don't Knit by Gil McNeil, also the Friday Night Knitting Club. Go them from the library.
Posted: 07 Jan 2009 01:07 pm
by yvette
hi thanks for that i`ve read both those books and thought they were very good.saw this author advertised and thought i`d give her a try
thank you
yvette
Posted: 08 Jan 2009 03:11 pm
by Flystitch
I shall check out Christie Ridgway. Gil McNeil has a new one coming out soon I believe.
Posted: 12 Jan 2009 03:14 pm
by yvette
thanks for that i`ll keep looking and for the one you just mentioned thanks again
yvette
Posted: 12 Jan 2009 04:11 pm
by Janet
I got Maggie Sefton's Knit One, Kill Two as a gift. Not finished it yet but enjoying it so far. It's a Penguin paperback and says it is the first in a series.
Janet
Posted: 12 Jan 2009 05:10 pm
by Flystitch
I shall look for that one as well, thanks.
Posted: 12 Jan 2009 10:44 pm
by janine
The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood is also very good. Kate Jacobs (Friday Night Knitting Club ) has a new book out too but I don't think its about knitting!

Posted: 14 Jan 2009 09:46 am
by Flystitch
Kate Jacobs book Comfort Food is about a widow who cooks on TV. Just got it out of the library. I think her next knitting book is Knit 2 but haven't seen it anywhere yet.
Posted: 14 Jan 2009 01:11 pm
by yvette
i`ll try and find maggie sefton as wel as christie ridgwell it seems there is a lot of knitting fiction out there.yvette
Posted: 14 Jan 2009 03:58 pm
by Flystitch
Yes, Yvette, looks like a search is in order
