Page 1 of 1

Hello

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 09:19 am
by Purplegem
Hello fellow crafty peeps..

I've been rather slow to say the least since registering, to say hello or log in.
Life can be strange at times..

My Loves and Likes are
Crafts and hobbies when my health allows, I love knitting especially, and also sewing, card making, sketching/painting, bit of cooking/baking.
Love spending time with my hubby and family, I love being a grandparent to our lovely little granddaughter - it allows me to be unashamadly child like again and we have great fun together!
All sorts of music across the times old stuff and new, apart from opera (it grates and I hardly understand what they are saying..?)
My latest fave songs are by Jools Holland/ Ruby Turner (The Informer), Henry Preistman (Grey's the New blonde) and Seals new album. One album I wear to death is called 'Sunny Afternoons' and its mostly 60's - Summer of Love and all that

I would like to
Learn how to spin, to dye and felt
Learn how to basket weave
Live self sufficiently and in harmony with the earth (tough one that..)
Be healthy


At the moment I've a chest infection and not knitting much, I really need to get on and finish making a jumper for our 22month old grandaughter, it's a present for christmas. It's a roll neck jumper with a 'tiger' on the front - my first real go at intarsia work. There's a few bloopers on it - but for a first go it's ok.
Not really decided what to do next, I have enough stash of various kinds which I really ought to use up. I tend to forget what I've bought, and forget what I said I'd do next - sieve for brains me!!

Look forward to chatting with you all and having a laugh :)

Seasons Greetings to you all


:D :wave: :)

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 10:26 am
by grant42
Hello and welcome to the forum,hope your chest infection gets better soon.

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 01:13 pm
by janine
Hello and welcome! You certainly seem to have plenty to keep you busy! :lol:

Posted: 19 Dec 2008 01:55 pm
by Northernknitter
Hello and welcome :D

Re: Hello

Posted: 19 Dec 2008 01:59 pm
by searchfamilies
Welcome
I have just joined, it funny how our grandchildren get the knitting especially when they are young
I am hoping to do a baby's quilt for a expected Gt niece due in June plus may even get some knitting done for it
Wishing you a Merry Christmas & A Happy Crafty New Year
Purplegem wrote:Hello fellow crafty peeps..

I've been rather slow to say the least since registering, to say hello or log in.
Life can be strange at times..

My Loves and Likes are
Crafts and hobbies when my health allows, I love knitting especially, and also sewing, card making, sketching/painting, bit of cooking/baking.
Love spending time with my hubby and family, I love being a grandparent to our lovely little granddaughter - it allows me to be unashamadly child like again and we have great fun together!
All sorts of music across the times old stuff and new, apart from opera (it grates and I hardly understand what they are saying..?)
My latest fave songs are by Jools Holland/ Ruby Turner (The Informer), Henry Preistman (Grey's the New blonde) and Seals new album. One album I wear to death is called 'Sunny Afternoons' and its mostly 60's - Summer of Love and all that

I would like to
Learn how to spin, to dye and felt
Learn how to basket weave
Live self sufficiently and in harmony with the earth (tough one that..)
Be healthy


At the moment I've a chest infection and not knitting much, I really need to get on and finish making a jumper for our 22month old grandaughter, it's a present for christmas. It's a roll neck jumper with a 'tiger' on the front - my first real go at intarsia work. There's a few bloopers on it - but for a first go it's ok.
Not really decided what to do next, I have enough stash of various kinds which I really ought to use up. I tend to forget what I've bought, and forget what I said I'd do next - sieve for brains me!!

Look forward to chatting with you all and having a laugh :)

Seasons Greetings to you all


:D :wave: :)