Page 1 of 1

Added in September 2008

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 11:55 am
by admin
Austermann Step Sock Yarn

This yarn includes Jojoba and Aloe Vera extract.

25 striped colours in 9 different designs.

Image

The RRP is £8.99 but we have managed to get the price down to £8.50 for a 100g ball.

Not only that but when your order is sent we will send you a link (in the 'parcel sent' email) to a free sock pattern for this yarn. So please make sure your email address is correct or you won't get the link to the pattern :cry:

Limited Supply

We only brought a couple of balls of each to see how they went. Please do not order more than is noted on the website. The page DOES NOT update automatically but the site is updated quite a few times during the day. So if you order the last ball - go back to the page and see there is still a ball there then PLEASE don't order it again :oops:

Schoeller + Stahl Big Ball Funny Scarf yarn

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 12:55 pm
by admin
Schoeller + Stahl Big Ball Funny Scarf yarn

This Limited Edition yarn is a single strand with sausage-shaped pompoms.

The RRP is £11.50 but we have managed to get the price down to £10.50 for a 200g ball.

There is a pattern on every ball for Knitted Shawl (200g), Headband (40g) & Crochet Scarf (60g) so one ball does go a long way.

This really is Limited Edition so please do not order more than is noted on the website. The page DOES NOT update automatically but the site is updated quite a few times during the day. So if you order the last ball - go back to the page and see there is still a ball there, then PLEASE don't order it again

More pics of Austermann Sock Yarn

Posted: 23 Sep 2008 08:59 am
by Cecile
I did a quick "google" for this yarn and on this site you can see most of these yarns as they look knitted up.
http://www.skacelknitting.com
Just follow the links -products, yarns, yarns by manufacturer, Austermann and scroll down to Step - SOCKS. :wink:

Posted: 23 Sep 2008 04:04 pm
by admin
Great Google :lol:

I had done a couple of searches but hadn't found this site. I tried to find someone to contact on the site but can't at the moment. I would love to just copy the pictures to the website but that is against copyright rules. :cry:

The pictures I do have on the website are scanned from the ball band - I have had permission to do that. But they only show the type of pattern not the actual colours. So you need to use your imagination :lol-lol:

Posted: 26 Sep 2008 07:25 pm
by janine
My local wool shop has both these yarns in stock. I have made gloves with the sock yarn and it is very nice. I'm looking forward to winter to be able to wear them! :D I think I'll probably get a second pair out of the same ball, so that's pretty good value! The scarf wool is so soft and snuggly and you get a decent sized scarf from one ball, so you could make two kid's size and I know lots of little girls who would absolutely adore it! :)

Posted: 27 Sep 2008 09:39 am
by Flystitch
Have ordered the sock wool. :!:
Janine, you are lucky you have a local shop, ours closed when the site was redeveloped and the lady moved to Somerset, rather along way for me to go :!:

Posted: 27 Sep 2008 12:45 pm
by janine
Poor you! :cry: I don't think mine will be here that much longer, as there never seem to be many customers. But the prices seem very cheap compared to most places, so I'm making the most of it while it lasts! :D

Big Ball Funny

Posted: 09 Oct 2008 12:31 pm
by admin
Schoeller + Stahl Big Ball Funny Scarf yarn

We have had a couple of customers ask about patterns for this yarn and to see what it looks like knitted up.

The only patterns we can get are already inside the ball band and are for a Scarf, Headband and Shawl. The picture on the ball band did not scan very well so I decided not to put it on the website. However the wholesaler in Germany do have a website and they show the picture. We can't copy the picture because of copyright but I can give you a link to the page.

http://www.skacelknitting.com/s.nl/sc.2 ... y.18148/.f

This shows the pattern picture and some of the colours we do.

But the more interesting is this link

http://www.skacelknitting.com/s.nl/sc.2 ... y.19359/.f

This shows a German Booklet using Big Ball Funny and they have used it for much more than just scarves :thumb2:

I am sure you inventive knitters out there will be able to find even more ways to use it.

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 10:31 am
by admin
Question to anyone who has used the Sock Yarn above.

How much can you get out of one ball of yarn? I have said on the site one pair from a ball but I just assumed that, now I am worried that you can't get a pair from a ball. Please put me out of my misery :oops:

Posted: 10 Oct 2008 11:29 am
by janine
I used mine to knit gloves and got a pair out of half a ball, so there should be enough for a pair of socks. :D