Page 1 of 1

Knit so fine>designs with skinny yarn

Posted: 06 Jul 2008 12:02 pm
by exiled
I have many knitting books:Elizabeth Zimmerman, Stephanie Pearl McFee,Jane Waller etc etc.This one arrived from Amazon and within 15 minutes was packed ready to return.The title should read"Patterns for Skinny Women".The title is misleading as the author, includes DK,which most of us would consider thickish.The patterns are amateurish and with one exception,uninviting.The girls modelling,as in most fashion,look like stick insects.
As I love knitting in thinner wools,3 and 4 ply,you can imagine how disappointed I was.
I would however heartily recommend any of Elizabeth Zimmerman,s books.They are instructional with out being patronizing and lovely to read at the same time as you knit.

Posted: 06 Jul 2008 12:44 pm
by ann
hi
thats a shame having to send the book back when you have been looking forward to it,I have been trawling the net for a baby/toddler sweater pattern must have raglan sleeves and round neck, nothing too complicated. came accross a good site for free patterns its American/Canadian but full of free stuff.looks very interesting.

www.berroco.com

Ann

Fantastic Site

Posted: 07 Jul 2008 12:17 pm
by exiled
Hi,
Have just had a look at that site.It is so good.I loved the look of the asymmetric cabled sweater.I noticed there are other garments with similar diagonal lines which are really flattering if you have a generous bosom.
many thanks