Page 1 of 1

I've won a prize!

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 03:23 pm
by Northernknitter
I got a letter in the post today telling me I've won a voucher for "Consider the Lily" online yarn shop! It was a comp I entered in Simply Knitting......I'm really pleased :D :D :D

Mmmm now what shall I buy???!!!!! :D

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 04:23 pm
by ann
Hi congratulations!!!!!!! never known anyone win prizes from mags before, always thought it went to some- one- in -the -know. perhaps its your lucky week, i would do an extra line on the lotto as well.
Treat yourself to a nice wool something special that perhaps you have seen and thought was too expensive.
Ann


ann

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 08:58 pm
by janine
Hey, well done! Enjoy it, whatever you decide on. My mum once won money in a magazine comp and put it towards a holiday she wouldn't otherwise have been able to afford. Then every time she thought of that hol, it reminded her of her good luck, so she was cheered up for so much longer than you'd imagine.

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 10:26 pm
by admin
Well Done

We have noticed that lots of magazines have quite a few comps now - We have had a look at advertising in lets Knit and they seem to have loads. You don't even need to get the mag as you can apply online. They also have a fairly busy forum - not that we want you to defect but there must be time for both :lol:

Even we are getting in on the act. We have just been told by our Sirdar Rep about the new Click Aran. As a promotion they are giving retailers a garment made from it for displaying in their shop. Not much use to us :cry: So we have been given permission by Sirdar to give it away as a prize :D Still got to look into the legalities - that will give me something to do when I get back off holiday 8)

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 11:05 pm
by jane
Congratulations! Make sure you get something for yourself, not to make something to give away, that way you will get to enjoy your prize for so much longer :D

Posted: 26 Jun 2008 10:52 am
by ann
hi
think I will stay with this forum, theres some nice people on here and its not too big and clicky ( pardon the pun ) to all those off on holiday, have a great time and hope the weather stays fine,although it is Wimbledon!!!!!!!!!

[color=darkblue][/color][size=18][/size]
Ann

Posted: 26 Jun 2008 03:18 pm
by Liz
Congratulations!!! Let us know what you decide to get!

Liz

Posted: 27 Jun 2008 07:39 am
by grant42
Congratulations,i always enter SK competitions,but yet have never won.

Posted: 27 Jun 2008 07:40 pm
by Titch
Congratulations. I haven't won anything yet either, maybe your good luck will rub off on to us :D

Posted: 27 Jun 2008 08:53 pm
by Flystitch
How lucky. I have entered several but not won yet :( Maybe next time................ :!:

Posted: 29 Jun 2008 09:53 pm
by Janet
Well done. :lol:

I agree that you should think of getting something really special that you would have thought too expensive or something.

Let us know what you get.

Janet

Posted: 30 Jun 2008 03:17 pm
by Northernknitter
Thanks everyone! :)

This is the first competition I've won, so I'm delighted!!

I'm being drawn to sock yarn, as I've never knit socks before, or maybe I could try some lace knitting??? :?

Posted: 21 Aug 2008 11:09 am
by ann
hi
did we ever find out what you decided to get when you won that competition was it sock wool?
ann

Posted: 22 Aug 2008 02:49 pm
by Northernknitter
Hi

I have just got my wool this week :) I got some Crystal Palace Kid Merino for some lace knitting or crochet and some sock wool to try socks! I'll try and post some pics of them :)

Image
Image
Image

Posted: 22 Aug 2008 04:26 pm
by ann
hi
looks as though you are going to be busy. maybe Christmas presents
ann