Page 1 of 1

utilising knitting time

Posted: 07 Jun 2008 04:49 pm
by exiled
last year my poor husband had sciatica and one night we were forced to call the hospital car to take us to emergency.While he waited for a doctor,I sat with my circular Addi needles and knitted half a sock.It must have looked strange to the hospital staff as a) Swedes knit the continental way and b) they still tend to use 5 DPN sets.We live 10 miles from the nearest town, and I always take my knitting.I once knitted while we travelled a 1 00 miles on a cable sweater,but the cable needle kept sliding down the side of the seat.
The most fascinating sight was on a train to Copenhagen.A Swedish lady was knitting a child,s jumper in a typical red and white on blue background with no pattern,just the first piece to check with, and reading a newspaper whilst she did a fairly complicated "fair isle" pattern.I was so impressed I wish I had had the courage to approach her and tell her.

Posted: 06 Jul 2009 06:09 pm
by Minxski
oh that's a shame, you should of spoken to her :o

I was collecting my yarn from the post office and a lady waiting behind me said "a lady after my own heart, what are you knitting?". We then had a 20 min conversation about what we were working on. It's like we are a mini cult, but a joyous one. :D