Christmas knitting

Did you buy a Pattern Book that you absolutely loved? Or brought a yarn which fell to bits? Write a review for others to view here.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Christmas knitting

Post by ann »

Hi everyone
such a cold wet day here, have been going through all my patterns and decided I would pick some things out I need to do and put away for Christmas, I know its a bit early but this year I am not going to leave it till the last minute, thank goodness for the Jean Greenhowe patterns, I knitted Father Christmas last year so this year he is going to get a wife Mrs Christmas., yet another project!!!!!!!!!!

Ann
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

Well done with getting ahead with your Christmas knitting :)
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

I say it every year but always a scramble at the end :!:
ImageImage
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1660
Joined: 10 Oct 2007 09:31 pm
Contact:

Post by admin »

I must admit a lot of the Xmas books (Jean Greenhowe and Alan Dart) and Alan Darts Dickensian Mice Pattern (in 5's and 10's !!) have been flying out the last few weeks. Craft Bits has also seen A LOT of bells go out the last month.

It looks like you are not the only one getting ready for Xmas ann
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

Hi Carole
I knitted the mice last year, but got myself into a pickle trying to sew their heads on any tips!!!!!!
ann
Beanie
....
....
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 07:46 pm

Post by Beanie »

I hate knitting toys!!!!! :evil: they drive me mad.

I am starting to knit for christmas too. Everyone is getting either a felted bag. Slippers. Or scarf set....
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

hi
I like knitting toys, think its because they grow quick and you can use up all the odds and ends seem to get lots of that, i wish we could get 100grm balls and 50grm balls in the same colour and dye lot, then there wouldn't be so much left over. Never tried slippers are they easy? Have got a blue scarf finished, and thats in my Christmas box, hope it will be packed full over the next few months.
ann
Beanie
....
....
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 07:46 pm

Post by Beanie »

Slippers are really easy to make....easier than toys!
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

I'm with Flystitch here. Always the good intentions! The reality is a mad rush in the last few weeks. Well done Ann.

Janet
Post Reply