Page 1 of 1
Some of the things i have made
Posted: 12 Mar 2008 04:12 pm
by ann
there are two pictures, one shown one not but opening one will link to the other. :)
Posted: 12 Mar 2008 04:19 pm
by janine
Ann, they are lovely.

I've never really tried toys. Are they easy? Do they take long?
Janine
Posted: 12 Mar 2008 04:53 pm
by ann
Hi
Janine
they are Jean Greenhowe patterns and are very easy to knit, they take me a while, because I have arthritis in my neck after a fall and can't knit for long without a break, but they are so easy to do, and make lovely Christmas presents.
ann
Posted: 12 Mar 2008 08:38 pm
by jane
They look great Ann. I have made a lot of Jean Greenhowe's toys too. They are fun to do and watch grow aren't they?
Posted: 13 Mar 2008 10:13 am
by grant42
They are lovely,i must try and knit a toy they never come out right when they are done.
Posted: 13 Mar 2008 11:06 am
by ann
Hi Cheryl
you should try them they are so easy to do, the only bit I don't like is doing the eyes, have many goes at that they often look cross eyed to start with but I get there in the end. Got most of my patterns at car boot sales or local charity shops.the smaller toys use up all the left over wool.
Ann
Posted: 13 Mar 2008 11:13 am
by ann
hi Jane
Thanks, do you find you have trouble parting with them, have you seen the free pattern on Jean Greenhowe's site, for Easter eggs, they shouldn't take too long to do,
Ann
Posted: 15 Mar 2008 09:57 pm
by jane
Hi Ann - trouble parting with them? I have a black plastic bag full of them upstairs! So far I have parted with 2 scarecrows, 3 rabbits, a cinderella doll and rose & ivy topsy turvy doll. I still have a fireman, a ballerina, a scotty dog, 6 rainbow babies, Santa and a snowman. I'll take some photos soon. I haven't seen the eggs, I'll have to go and have a look.
Posted: 17 Mar 2008 03:22 pm
by grant42
ann wrote:Hi Cheryl
you should try them they are so easy to do, the only bit I don't like is doing the eyes, have many goes at that they often look cross eyed to start with but I get there in the end. Got most of my patterns at car boot sales or local charity shops.the smaller toys use up all the left over wool.
Ann
Thanks i shall try them,i brought a lot of Jean Greenhowe books from my charity shop so i have no excuse not to do any.