Page 1 of 1
Elle escapade d/k wool
Posted: 04 Mar 2008 07:28 pm
by ann
Hi
has anyone knitted with this wool.was wondering what it turned out like? I like the look of the River Rafting one.
ann
Posted: 10 Apr 2008 10:35 pm
by janine
I just got some today. My local wool shop have it for £1.99 so I couldn't resist!

Although I've got lots of projects on the go, I did start it. It looks and feels very nice. I got river rafting, by the way.
Posted: 11 Apr 2008 08:24 am
by ann
Hi there
thats it, you have made my mind up I am going to go and get some, well perhaps next week if I feel bettter, and it will be river rafting.
Ann
Posted: 12 Apr 2008 01:33 pm
by irene
I like the river rafting to. Is it brighter than it looks on the computer screne? Some times that happens. What are you knitting with it?I would like to see it knitted up
best wishes
Irene

Posted: 12 Apr 2008 03:11 pm
by janine
I'm knitting a cardigan from sirdar denim tweed pattern 9015. It really doesn't look anything like the knitted sample, it's a lot more blue than anything else. I have only done a couple of inches and I'm not sure how to put a picture on to this site, but I'll try later.
Posted: 11 May 2008 08:40 pm
by ann
hi
got my pattern for the escapade wool and it says if you want the stripes to match up on front and back you have to ensure you start knitting at the same colour sequence each time. does that mean there is a big waste of wool or am I being dumb!!!!!!!!
ann
Posted: 11 May 2008 10:15 pm
by janine
I found that some of my balls of wool started with the same colour, so I tried to match that way when I needed a new ball, but as I'm knitting a cardigan, the fronts are only half the width, so the pattern is different anyway. It doesn't look that odd to me, but I guess you might find it strange if you were a perfectionist!

Posted: 12 May 2008 09:38 am
by ann
Hi Janine
thanks for that will give it a try and see what happens, there will either be a photo here, or it will finish up in the bin, will let you all know, got 3 balls from my local carboot sale the lady bought 4 and she was having trouble matching them all up and decided to give up,its the one called "swinging" not my first choice its a bit bright!!!!!!!! but got the pattern and wool for £4 a bargain.
ann
Posted: 12 May 2008 10:45 am
by admin
I think a lot of the fun of this yarn is that it doesn't match up .... and I am a perfectionist
I think it is sometimes better for something to obviously not match than for something to nearly match - this could be one of those times
Presumably you get the same feelings when knitting any variegated yarn such as Sirdar yo-yo or JCB Magi-knit.
As to any odd lengths - I always keep them for sewing up or button bands - failing that - kids love variegated yarn so get them knitting

Posted: 12 May 2008 11:22 am
by ann
hi
carole
its driving me nuts trying to match it, but if it takes me all of 2008, I am not going to let a little ball of wool get the better of me.
ann
Posted: 12 May 2008 07:11 pm
by irene
Hi Ann
I know exactly how you feel. I love self patterning yarns, but things have to match for me too. For example how do you keep the fairisle the same when you finish one ball and start the next.

One of the sirdar wools(I think it is bonus flash but i am not sure)tells you to use two balls of wool at a time, one for the knit row and one for the purl.It might be worth a try
Good Luck
Irene
PS Lets kow how it goes
Posted: 12 May 2008 07:38 pm
by ann
Hi
Irene
glad you think like me, the pattern i got shows the jumper with all the stripes matching up. so thought it would be easy haha if its on the picture well its got to match up eventually, dread to think what state I will be in when I come to divide for the neck," watch this space"
ann
Posted: 12 May 2008 07:42 pm
by irene
If you are anything like me, it will be in the bin by then or you wont have any hair left
Irene

Posted: 12 May 2008 08:09 pm
by ann
Hi
the bin is really close to where I am sitting, it would be so easy to just slip all those stitches off the needles,but I am not letting it get the better of me, well not just yet!!!!!!!
ann