Page 1 of 1
Hello! Knitting bod here!
Posted: 17 Feb 2008 10:25 am
by knitting bod
Hello, I'm knitting bod popping in to say 'hello' to everyone.
I've been knitting for just under 30 years and always have a knitting project (or two!) on the go.
Posted: 17 Feb 2008 01:51 pm
by bee
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
I have been knitting for 31years now and like you I always seem to have several projects on the go.
At the moment. I have a longline aran cable jacket, baby blanket and a slouchy hat on the go.
Happy Knitting.
Bee
Posted: 17 Feb 2008 03:12 pm
by ann
hi
hello and welcome I only joined a few months ago,everyone seems to be very nice and helpful on this site, I have been knitting for over 40 years on and off,theres so many nice wools to choose from now,I knit baby cardigans, jackets, Jean Greenhowes toys, and going to try socks as my next project.
ann
Posted: 19 Feb 2008 09:13 pm
by knitting bod
I'm knitting my husband a pair of socks in King Cole merino DK at the moment; I only have the toe shaping to do on the second sock and they're done!
Posted: 20 Feb 2008 10:23 pm
by jane
Hi Knitting Bod - welcome to the forum.
My Grandma taught me to knit when I was 5, I'm now 48! I didn't knit regularly until I was pregnant with my first daughter 27 years ago although I did start a shawl for my pregnant friend when I was 16 but my Grandma had to finish it for me. Now I knit all the time and I love all the new wools that are available now although some of it does work out a bit expensive! Last year I knitted a cardi that cost me £78.00 for the wool but I have put weight on and it looks a bit tight now - must knit more to stop me eating!!
Posted: 21 Feb 2008 08:45 am
by grant42
Hello and welcome

Posted: 21 Feb 2008 09:53 am
by Janet
Hi Knitting bod
You sound like you will fit right in here.
I have been knitting for over 40 years and love making socks.
I think we all have a problem with yarn addiction! That leads us all into lots of projects on the go and in waiting.
I sympathise with you Jane and your expensive cardigan that is a bit tight. You are not alone there

.
Janet
Posted: 21 Feb 2008 08:39 pm
by knitting bod
Thanks for all the lovely welcomes everyone!